5 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$179
eDreamsUS$215
Orbitz.comUS$179
1,635 results
All reviews jazz club live jazz oyster bar new york lounge area guest services amazing hotel love this hotel boutique hotel central park times square django turntable atrium nyc subway doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Very nice hotel in Tribeca. The staff at front desk were fabulous. Hotel was short walking distance to many restaurants. Room was updated and nice. I was confident that the room was clean which is so important since COVID. I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
John Philippe, General Manager at Roxy Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Hello Deb,

We sincerely appreciate the fabulous review. Keeping our staff safe and healthy has carried over to the stringent Safety Covid procedures we have in place for our spirited housekeeping department. The front desk says thank you.

All the Best,

Reviewed 21 May 2021

Yikes. Didn't sleep a wink when I was there. Beautiful hotel, with nice hotel staff...and they refunded a small portion of my bill (which should have been fully refunded). It's an atrium hotel and they play LIVE MUSIC in the lobby...loud and crazy JAZZ! They were supposed to stop at 10:00 pm, but once the live music stopped they played some other loud music (not live). The rooms should come with earplugs and they need to soundproof that lobby somehow. NEVER AGAIN. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Soho Grand.

Date of stay: May 2021
John Philippe, General Manager at Roxy Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2021

Hello Julie,

I am truly sorry for the shortcomings due to the Live jazz ensemble taking place that night. I believe the noise cancelling system we installed may have malfunctioned that evening, my apologies.

If you plan to give us a second chance, please let us know. My team & I will be more than happy to accommodate you in one of our quiet corner rooms.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed 18 May 2021 via mobile

The Roxy was a nice hotel for our girls weekend celebrating a 40th bday. Sparkling wine at check in is a lovely touch and all staff we interacted with were attentive. Don, the bellman, was clearly a hospitality professional that took extra time and care with all guests. He had great suggestions and made the stay enjoyable. Regardless of how busy he was, I always saw him smile (through his eyes/voice because staff were wearing masks).

I agree with reviewers who stated it’s a “loud” hotel in the evenings due to the live music so I wouldn’t come here if you were looking for peace and quiet. It’s a lively atmosphere in a great location. Close to soho and Chinatown and a subway stop around the corner.

There was an issue with calling downstairs on the hotel phone (always a busy signal) but I was able to get through using my cell. The sofa bed had some issues but the gentleman from house keeping was so nice that we just dealt with it. Room was well stocked and really cool decor.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
John Philippe, General Manager at Roxy Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2021

Hello Savany,

I’m elated to hear the great time you had here at the Roxy Hotel.

I’m hoping you and your girlfriends were able to immerse yourself in the varied entertainment offerings we showcase here between our Paris-inspired Jazz club, our intimate Roxy Cinema and multiple culinary venues.

I appreciate your comment about Donald, the guests absolutely adore his charming personality.

Thank you for sharing, be well.

Reviewed 29 January 2021

I honestly feel horrible giving this hotel 3 stars, since I absolutely LOVED the theme of the entire establishment along with how our bedroom was arranged. It felt magical as my girlfriend and I were walking through the lounge as we got to our bedroom, almost like we went back in time. The vibe kinda died down though, when we both started having trouble breathing... My girlfriend already made a review commenting on how horrible it was, as we tried to get the front desk and the hotel's engineer to make accommodations for us by cracking open the window as much as possible to having to lowering the overall room temperature to sixty degrees just to disconnect from the central heating system. We knew we didn't have COVID (since we recently got tested, and they even checked our temperatures), and we even took walks outside to verify our thoughts that it wasn't us. It was quite a shame we had to sacrifice heat just to breathe, and it was still no better after all we did. Even as I'm writing this review, I am struggling to breathe and I'm scared this place might have triggered my asthma. I will say though that guest services, the front desk, and the engineer were incredible at customer service and did everything they could. Aside from the breathing incident, the rooms were incredible, but I was taken aback that despite having a king size bed, the room didn't have more than one chair for eating. I found myself having to sit on my knees just so that my girlfriend and I could eat together. Other than the theme, I'd say the next best part of this place though was being able to bring our puppy and our cat. We actually had to book this hotel quite last minute, since we found out our last reservation didn't allow pets, so that's something I'll always appreciate from The Roxy as well.

Room tip: If you have any respiratory conditions, seek rooms with better air circulation or bring a nebulizer to help with the lack of breathable air.
Date of stay: January 2021
3  Thank Axle E

Hi Axlee,

My wonderful colleague Lauren and her assistant Mallory are in touch with your girlfriend as noted in the similar Trip Advisor posted herein.

Once again, we sincerely apologize and are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Wishing you safe travels throughout the year.

Reviewed 29 January 2021

I came here with my boyfriend and we liked the theme and the room of the hotel was pretty nice, but after being in the room for a few hours we started to have trouble breathing. We asked the front desk to open the windows since they were bolted shut they needed to get an engineer to come open. After that, it still did not make matters better considering they opened it just a crack. Eventually, we had to choose between suffocating (it was incredibly difficult to breathe in the room) and being in a 60 degree Fahrenheit room for the rest of our stay, neither of which were worth paying for.

The front desk did all they could, and so did the hotel's engineer, so the service they provided was pretty good, but in the end, it was the stay in the room that ruined the experience.

We got our temperature's checked in case it was COVID, and we were cleared of that- and we also went outside throughout the day, so we knew it was not just our lungs failing us.

The Roxy Hotels ventilation system should be reconsidered. My boyfriend is still having trouble recovering in terms of breathing issues after our stay.

Date of stay: January 2021
4  Thank allison_180
Lauren Conolan-Richards, General Manager at Roxy Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2021

Dear Allison,

We apologize profusely for the experience you have detailed.

Our windows do open, and our rooms are fitted with individual wall AC units, with filters that are cleaned frequently and inspected by our Engineering team.

In addition we have installed Merve13 filters and Atmosair units which are ionization tubes that clean the air, without using unsafe chemicals or creating any unwanted byproducts, to ensure we clean the air as best possible.

We've also added UV lights to our AC vents and a PURO light machine, fitted with 6 lights is used in the public spaces daily to disinfect the air and all surfaces - the MTA are currently using the same for NYC's subway systems.

We take our guests' safety seriously, it is our priority. We've taken significant steps to not just adapt to this climate, but lead by setting a rigorous example.

I am grateful that you are currently in touch with Mallory, and open to returning and giving our hotel another try.

Hope to make your acquaintance soon and welcome you back.

Lauren