“You'd better like mussels”

Flex Mussels - 13th Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Flex Mussels - 13th Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 14,744 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: 6th and 7th Ave.
Transit: Take F, M, 2, 3 TO 14th Street and 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R to Union Square.
Description: Flex directly imports the hightes quality Prince Edward Mussels, and we serve oysters that taste like you're kissing the sea! Happy Hour 7 nights a week-bar and counter only $25 gets you 2 pots of selected mussel flavors, 2 orders of fries and a choice of select glass of wine or tap beer
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Not that there aren't other delights on the menu, but the mussels are the main attraction. The portions are hearty, but not to much for one person. You'll need extra bread for the broth. Gonna wanna soak up every bit of that liquid gold. The beer selection was pretty awesome. Some real palate-punchers. Pretty cool vibe, and right around the corner from a million after dinner booze dens.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Had a 6:00 pm reservation, It turned out to be the perfect time before they got very busy.
Service was excellent as well as the atmosphere and music.
I had Fried oysters, they were prepared perfect.
Fish and chips were very good as well but the mussels with different combinations were Excellent . You have to try the donuts as well.
]Very nice evening, I will; be back.
Please note by 8:00 pm it's crowded.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I really really like Flex Mussels. I chose this place after reading the reviews and discovered this is the best place for mussels in NYC. I was visiting my son after months apart and I know he loves shellfish so I decided to surprise him with a nice dinner. Yay! succeded.
We had the special of the night (chili pepper, lemon) and the parmesan mussels. They were both delicious but if you have to pick one, I would definitely recommend the parmesan cream. The taste is amazing.
We also ordered the fish n chips, but nothing special. Go for the mussels, really.
Service is great and the staff so friendly, specially the hostess.
Open one Flex Mussels in Sao Paulo, please!

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

If u love mussels this is the place for u
. We have turned so many people
On to this place . So many varieties of mussels , I love the mussels in red sauce . It is Spicy and so so good with bread . It
Is so so good I wish I could lick the bowl. Fries are so
Good . I never have room for dessert. Very busy place. Make reservations.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

Spare, crowded space with a good vibe. Approximately one million ways to prepare mussels, and really good bread to sop up the whatever you have them in. Hard to have a better meal. The appetizers were surprisingly good. Good bar scene later. Opentable.