6 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
PricelineUS$179
eDreamsUS$179
Hyatt.comUS$179
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

I'll start by saying I was really looking forward to my stay, having stayed at the Hyatt Centric Times Square property a few times, which is amazing. Long story short: book that one instead.

Prior to arrival, requested a room on a high floor away from the elevator. Arrived at the property at 4PM - was assigned a room on the 8th floor with a view of a brick wall. I'm a Hyatt explorist member - and while this isn't the highest tier in Hyatt, you'd think they would at least assign a better room. Asked for a different room, but was told the hotel was fully booked (yet still selling rooms to the night across different categories at 4PM... interesting)

We put a DND sign to the room as soon as we entered. We had valuables worth 10k+ USD in the room that didn't fit the safe so we didn't want anyone to enter our room.

Our bathroom had issues: the water wouldn't drain. I raised this and specifically asked if maintenance can fix this AFTER we checked out. Instead, maintenance shows up 15 min later, knocking the door with the DND sign hanging right there, so I sent them away. Spent 2 hours in the city, came back to see someone had entered our room. Foot marks in the bathroom, and 2 towels on the bed. Called the operator and asked why anyone would enter the room - was told 1802 requested towels. We stayed in 802. I understand mistakes happen but I asked the operator why anyone would enter a room with a DND sign on, and operator admitted that shouldn't happen. I ask for an investigation, the next day I get a different story: the leak in the bathroom had to be fixed. Clearly one of these stories is true. Got an apology email from the GM, who managed to spell my last name wrong. You'd think if you're in damage control mode to get your guest's name right.

Rooms are OK but walls paper thin - we overheard everything the couple next to us was discussing, even at the lovely time at 2AM. There is also CONSTANT beeping from the elevator, clearly audible in the room throughout the day. This drove us completely insane.

Our flight is not until 10PM, but we are ready to check out at 8AM. We are completely done here.

Location is fine. Extremely small lobby, no bell man to assist with luggage.

The Hyatt Centric Times Square is usually around $20 more. Stay there.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DHEHAM
mark dacres, Other at Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Daniel,

We want to personally thank you for staying with us and want to apologize once again for having to deal with an emergency that was from your room. We are disappointed to hear the comments pertaining to the “DND” and was hoping to speak with you about your concerns but we were unable to do so even upon checking out. We wanted to discuss the situation and asked for a few minutes of your time to do so. Unfortunately, this morning you didn’t allow us the opportunity to discuss your experience further. We also offered to help with your bags but you declined. Our expectations were to provide you comfort and exceptional service for your stay. Your last night we had no choice but to go into the room due to the water that could have caused damages to not only your room but your valuables and other guest rooms. We respect our guests privacy and DND’s but when it became apparent that there was water dropping into the room below which was occupied, we had no choice but to send up a manager and another staff member up in order to deal with the water that was overflowing from your room.

We truly wish we would have had the opportunity to discuss this with you in person since the team and I work hard to provide experiences that should be expected by our members and guests.

Once again, my sincerest apologies.

Anthony Damiano

Reviewed 1 September 2021 via mobile

This “place” somehow bills itself as a boutique but has none of those touches — You need to get yourself and your bags through two narrow doors and into a very small lobby without help, rooms have no robes, mini bars are not stocked, room service has no wine or liquor, etc. And be warned that contrary to all advertising on the website the rooftop bar / restaurant has not opened even the hotel has been operational a few months.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business
Anthony Damiano, General Manager at Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear MarnyCalifornia,

We wanted to thank you for staying with us and providing feedback. We are surprised by the comment and hope we can have the opportunity to discuss your stay in further detail. Please feel free to reach out to me directly as we would appreciate the opportunity. Hyatt Centric 39th has been opened for approximately a month and the feedback by many of our guests and clients have been positive especially pertaining to our staff who are willing to assist with any request including your bags. Our team is here to provide service and make your stay a comfortable one. As far as the restaurant and bar, it is noted on our website “opening soon”. In the meantime, one of the great things about our Hotel is our location as we are seconds away to a number of restaurants and bars. Our staff is available to help with any recommendations.

As mentioned please feel free to reach out to us as we are excited about our new hotel and want to make sure our guests experience is a positive one.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We apologies that we didn't provide the accommodations that were expected and hope a conversation can be had to follow up on some concerns that were brought up.

Anthony Damiano

Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with our 5 yr old on his first trip to NYC on his first adventure in NYC. Room was ready upon arrival. Great location walkable to Grand Central, Ny public library and Times Square. Hotel has a small boutique feel which I haven’t seen in Hyatt brand prior.

We were in 1401. Larger than expected but small as you would expect for an NYC hotel room. Great use of small, clean and beautifully decorated. Small bathroom but toilet was separate from shower (huge plus when traveling with a 5 yr old)

Restaurant and bar aren’t open yet, but hotel does have room service.

A huge thank you to Michael and Jasmine for making our stay so wonderful! We can’t wait to return!

Room tip: Ask for room on high floor
Trip type: Traveled with family
mark dacres, Other at Hyatt Centric 39th & 5th New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback about your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Centric Hotel 39th & 5th. We appreciated you taking the time to share your comments with is.

Once again, we thank you for choosing the Hyatt Centric Hotel 39th & 5th and for taking the time to provide us with valued feedback. We hope to welcome you back on your next stay in the Midtown East area. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 24 August 2021

This hotel is newly renovated and did not have everything up and running when I visited unfortunately. The rooftop bar and breakfast area were not available yet. The hotel itself is in good shape (since I'm a building inspector, I will say I think the general contractor could have done a better job with some of the final finishes).
The staff more than made up for these things tho! Very friendly, helpful and accomodating.

I would definitely ask when booking about the room view. I stayed in Room 1602 which is tucked into a corner and very dark (so this is great if you want to sleep in and the black out shades work great too!) However, if you want light and a city view, this is definitely not the best room.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Your comments about the Hotel and the staff are appreciated. Our commitment at the Hyatt Centric Hotel 39th & 5th is to provide the finest in service and personal attention to everyone who stays with us, and it is helpful when our guests pass their opinions and experiences to us, allowing us to refine our procedures and services where necessary.

Reviewed 20 August 2021

The location is really good and the service is great too. Close to subway, 12 minutes walk to time square. Ton of places to shops around the hotel. The room is nice and doesn’t feel too small. Will stay there again

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels