“Lovely little find...”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We'd seen an advert for this place on Facebook and just had to check it out.

My little boy (Aged 10) loved this place - I enjoyed it; absolutely and the side of sprouts were lovely;-

The staff were really helpful and the food didn't disappoint either; its casual dining, but its bloody good casual dining.... The cocktails were delish and the beers were craft style.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I met friends from NY for dinner whilst on holidays as their local favourite. It was amazing! The ordering system of a laminated menu and marker is fun. I had meatballs and pasta that was delicious and very filling and followed with homemade chocolate icecream and chocolate chip cookie. Great price, vibe and staff. Close to Highline to have evening walk after dinner. #1 for a great dining experience and cocktails too.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I was staying with friends at the Ludlow Hotel around the corner and The Meatball Shop just sounded like a yummy idea for a quick, casual lunch!! Turns out there are a bunch of them, but we're from out of town so this restaurant and concept was new to us. We got 3 different types of meatballs and 3 different preparations, all delicious!!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We looked up this place online before our trip and couldn't wait to try it. It definitely lived up to our expectations.
Our server, Brandon, was very friendly and helpful in explaining the menu to us and recommending things. We took his recommendation for the buffalo chicken meatballs to start and they were amazing. Tastier than chicken wings and so much less hassle!
Then we both went for the classic meatballs with different sauces and focaccia with a side of pasta. The meatballs were delicious, so juicy and full of flavour. All of the sauces were really tasty.
We were a bit full but couldn't resist dessert so we had a root beer float and an ice cream sandwich. The cookies in the sandwich were the nicest I've ever tasted.
Overall as you can tell we loved it and it will definitely be on our list to revisit when we return to New York.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

The Meatball Shop is hands down my favorite budget friendly NYC restaurant. I first heard about this place while watching a show on a travel channel and the host of said show is a guy who usually eats bizarre foods yet this time he was visiting places locals go for great food and things that everyone would enjoy. Since the first time we ate here years ago I tell anyone visiting NYC they have to try the Meatball Shop. I usually order the sliders - two with chicken meatballs pesto as my sauce (My Favorite!) and one pork meatball classic sauce. For a side I like to order a salad cause I know that I'm going to blow any diet out of the water when it comes dessert time. They have the most amazing ice cream sandwich. I love love love the brown sugar ice cream paired with the snickerdoodle cookie. These ice cream sandwiches are quite large so I would recommend sharing. That is unless you totally love sweets and don't mind the over indulgence, then go for it. As much as I love this particular ice cream sandwich, maybe next visit I skip the sliders all together (which are very good) and just move right on to the important things like ice cream sandwiches. Can't wait to return!