“Great Food but poor service”
Review of The Mean Fiddler

The Mean Fiddler
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mean Fiddler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 14,527 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Irish Bar and restaurant. Irish/American comfort food with a twist. Vegetarian and gluten free options available. Live music venue Saturday through Wednesday from 8.30 PM. DJ seven nights a week. Private party room available.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We managed to get a table for 4 easily and received our food, which was very good. The music is very loud which makes it very difficult to have any conversation.
We had to wait absolutely ages for our bill probably as there were only 2 staff behind the bar and 1 of them was having to wait on the tables. We didn't get our bill so my husband went to the bar to pay but had to wait quite some time before getting served. The staff are very friendly and I guess it is not their fault they are understaffed.
I saw several people walk out as they were not served by anyone.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My mom and I stopped in before going to see a show and the food and drinks were delicious and the service was great! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fabulous team there, our waitress was amazing and the food is fantastic. Prices good and the locality to our hotel at the Edison was amazing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was very good - pub style food presented very nicely. Service was not very good. Ordered a second round of drinks that never came. Had to ask again and finally got them after our dinner was over.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

..bye far one amazing bar..atmosphere never experienced before and one member of staff a girl called dervla...a total asset to the place.friendy..bubbly...and knows how to work a bar...ive been in the trade 20 year so I know class when I see it....we will be back