“Good service”
Review of Houndstooth Pub

Houndstooth Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Houndstooth Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,697 of 14,805 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 37th
Transit: The Houndstooth Pub is located on the corner of 37th and 8th Ave, walking distance from Port Authority, Penn Station, and Times Square Stations.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The Irish guy serving us was very polite and helpful.
My son ordered sausage and mash and his dinner was small with only 3 thin sausages.
I had fish and chips that had been overcooked and was burnt looking. My husband loved his ribs.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were staying at the holiday in just across the road for a week and I suppose you could say this pub was our 'local' I think we went in most evenings!!! The beer was good, the food was excellent, it served mainly all your traditional British fare and we never had any complaints. Especially the fish & chips which were real good. The staff too were great, some remembering us (did I tell you we went in nearly every night?) they were all amazing. Prices were pretty much what you'd pay anywhere except maybe a couple of places which were a bit over the top. On top of that it was a friendly safe environment, and we didn't have far to go to bed. Recommend this place to anyone visiting New York for the first time or anytime.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t surprised to find great food in a NYC pub today. The French onion soup was as good as I’ve ever had! The sandwiches we ordered were excellent! However, we were disappointed to find such a scant selection of draft beers and most of the choices were run of the mill slop. Sad for a pub.....

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Nice pub but a kind and quick service. Decent hamburger selection and some nice beers. Competitive price.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Went here the other night with my wife while on a night out. Place was excellent. Very clean and friendly staff. Drinks were very good with good happy hour specials. Food was excellent. We had the seafood bisque, salad, fish and chips and shepards pie. Will definitely recommend and will be back for sure. Just be sure to make a reservation.