“Excellent Italian food in cozy setting”

La Lanterna di Vittorio
Ranked #274 of 14,583 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

We came for lunch. It was very cold outside, but the glass covered atrium garden offered a light and warm atmosphere. The menu has lots of options. We went for pizza and lasagne. The pizza con speck and the arrabiata and the two lasagnas were outstanding. Really excellent, and also quite large. The service was friendly and efficient. The only spot on this performance was the drinks. I would have welcomed a larger beer selection. Also, the glad if Malbec I ended up ordering was not terrific.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

This place is one of my favorites in all of New York- amazing atmosphere, especially in the garden, and great, affordable Italian food. The wine list is extensive, pesto pizza is amazing, almost as good the real deal (and I lived in Italy for two years). Great place for a date or intimate dinner.

1  Thank alischwe
Reviewed December 20, 2017

I absolutely love this place. The ambience is delightful and the food is delicious. We always have great service and a great time. I look forward to my next visit. This place never disappoints.

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place to grab dinner before the show at The Blue Note when La Lanterna di Vittorio popped up. We couldn't have been more pleased. We sat upstairs by one of two fire places and enjoyed pizza. Unfortunately we couldn't linger over dinner but we did see the outside garden and downstairs. The desserts looked amazing and the aroma was right out of your grandma's kitchen. Our server was delightful and helped us checkout quickly so we'd make the show. This is one place I'll put on my recommendation list and will also be going back...maybe tonight!

1  Thank Bmccall07
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

We ordered a caprese salad for $13 and all that came out was 3 thin slices of tomato, 3 small pieces of mozzarella and 2 tiny basil leaves. My friend ordered the turkey salad and it was just leaves, not worth your money. Drinks were expensive at $14 a cocktail. Service was below average. If the server’s wage didn’t depend on tip, I wouldn’t have even left one. Also, the place was super dark, everyone was using their phone to read the menu.