“Amazing & wonderful food!!!!”

The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center
Reserve with OpenTable
The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 14,122 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. * If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email newyorktimelife@tcgdine.com
Reviewed March 7, 2017

A few months ago, my husband & I were invited to have dinner there with friends & the food was so yummy we were determined to go back. The second time, I started with THE VERY BEST lobster bisque I've ever had!!! (& I'm originally from Massachusetts, so I know what good lobster bisque tastes like.)
The filet mignon was melt-in-your-mouth delicious & VERY tender. The cheesecake was phenomenal! Even the dinner tolls with butter were extra delicious.
I'd weigh a few hundred pounds if I lived anywhere near this restaurant!!!
And, the service was great - warm & friendly servers. The price was very reasonable considering the very high quality of the food.

Reviewed March 4, 2017

I had the opportunity to eat at Capitol Grille on 42nd street and it did not disappoint. I sat at the bar and the service was outstanding. I had a dinner drink and then ordered the french onion soup which was brought to me nice and hot. For my main entree I decided to eat the Bone-In Kona Crusted Dry Aged NY Strip with shallot butter with a side of wild mushrooms. Overall great meal. The steak was cooked to order medium rare and the overall meal was outstanding. I finished my meal with a nice after dinner drink. Overall great experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

We went here to celebrate our anniversary in January following Aladdin (which I recommend if you love Disney on Broadway!).

The host time had our table decorated, provided us with a glass of bubbles each and even gave us a handwritten card. I might be biased because we always dine at a Capital Grille, especially if we are celebrating something. We started with oysters, I had the tuna and my husband had the special filet.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

It's modern and contemporary versus some of Manhattan's other steak venues. Not as hip as STK but definitely hipper than Sparks (which had its own appeal). Some of those older style spots almost smell of raw meat. Met in the bar. It's lively, big and good to start. Busy. Especially for a Tuesday. Maybe it's proximity to Grand Central plays into that. There is all sorts of table formats here. We are a foursome in the middle of the room. If I had one complaint it's noisy. This place is awash with chatter and talk and being in the middle of the room puts you in the middle of all that. The food. Standard fare. Appetizers included shrimp cocktails, tuna tartare etc. all good. Steaks superb. Again. Good set of choices, fish for those that don't want the meat. All the usual sides, spinach, potatoes, sprouts, mushrooms. Service is fast and attentive. Appetizers almost appear a minute after ordering. Wine list via iPad. It's clean, sharp, vibrant and works well. Great for business, occasion or celebration.

Reviewed February 27, 2017

Reviewing a Capital Grille is like reviewing McDonald’s – they’re pretty much all the same. Beefy business folks on expense accounts love these places – steak, expensive wine and unusually solicitous waiters make you feel like Donald Trump for the 100 minutes you spend here. I dined recently at the 42nd Street installment in the Chrysler Center. The interior atmosphere is clubby as they tend to be, but the steel and glass exterior feels like you are eating under the Louvre Pyramid. The food was decent enough, though the Chilean Sea Bass was served in enough butter to supply a small English village. While CG’s wine list is well-regarded, they have zero beers on tap, making the place seem even more retro and not in a good way.

If you’ve never eaten at a Capital Grille and it’s on someone else’s expense account, you should definitely try one. But please, there are far more interesting restaurants to blow a few hundred on for dinner, so don’t make a habit of it.