11 people are viewing this hotel
EvenHotels
$169
Free cancellation until 08/25/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$169
Free cancellation until 08/25/22
Traveluro
$160
Expedia.com$169
Hotels.com$169
travelup.com$191
1,055 results
All reviews exercise equipment yoga mat ping pong table grand central station new york united nations chrysler building front desk staff convenient location rooms are small upon check times square coffee machine two blocks wellness gym midtown
Selected filters
Reviewed June 27, 2022 via mobile

We stopped in NYC on our way to Europe to take in some museums and restaurants. The manager and front desk manager, Yan, were extremely accommodating and gave us a late checkout to help us with our flight departure. Although a smaller property, they had all the amenities needed for business or leisure travelers. Quiet and convenient location in the heart of midtown; perfect for the budget conscious.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kellysimmons6636
David M, General Manager at EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2022

Hello kellysimmons6636,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving your review! It's so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and we really thank you for your kind words about the team, and especially Yan. We will share your comments along with her and the rest of the team.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2022

This is a great hotel in midtown. I stayed for a week in June while visiting an elderly uncle who lived a few blocks away. Staff were all excellent. Front desk friendly and helpful. Housekeeping prompt and professional. Hotel clean and comfortable. A highlight, though, is the evening happy hour with Ricardo behind the bar. He is a gem! We had great fun with him on our first night. He introduced us to some of the regulars and made us feel right at home. Instead of venturing out on other nights, we returned to the EVEN Bar for happy hour cocktails and premium cocktails served up by Ricardo. I will likely be back to NY. I will come back to EVEN Midtown without hesitation! Note that the hotel definitely has a fitness vibe. There's a yoga mat and blocks in the room as well as resistance bands. Nice touch. Great workout room, too, with a variety of free weights and equipment including a couple of Pelotons and a ping pong table. The paddles were quite worn so I was glad I thought ahead and brought my own paddles. (We're avid players.) I also brought my own Peloton shoes. That wasn't necessary since the clips didn't match my Peloton bike and they had universal straps on the pedals.

1  Thank Waxwing1
David M, General Manager at EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2022

Hello Waxwing1,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to leave your review!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We've already shared your comments with most of our team, but will of course relay them to Ricardo!

Your intent to return is the best compliment we could receive and we can't wait to see you back!

Reviewed June 11, 2022

We stayed at EVEN Hotel Midtown for 5 nights. The location is great – easy walk to Grand Central, not too far from theatres & several good coffee shops nearby. Room was typical NYC cozy but the bathroom was larger than in many hotels in this area. Rooms are modern and comfortable. We did have a little issue with housekeeping (didn’t leave enough towels, etc. even though we asked daily for more - and one day they never made it to our room to clean). There was also very little clothes storage in our room – just 2 bins and a short rod for hanging a few things – not ideal for a stay of more than a day or two. I’m not sure I would say this is a 4 star hotel – no bellman, no concierge, etc. but overall it was fine and worked for our visit. We would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

Date of stay: June 2022
David M, General Manager at EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2022

Hello K Blake M,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving your review!

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be optimal. We think we are in the best location in the city and it's great to hear that you agree.

We do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. In the pursuit of space savings we actually have more storage space underneath the beds. Our team typically informs guests of this at check-in, but this is a good opportunity to remind them of sharing all of our features.

We've also passed your info along to the housekeeping department regarding the towels and we will review.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2022 via mobile

I'm not sure how this hotel has highly rated reviews. I had reservations for the EVEN Hotel Midtown 11-15 May 2022. Our stay here was a bit difficult to say the least. Upon check- in we were notified that the total amount was $400 more than the charges we received in our confirmation email. Once we arrived to our room, it was filthy. There was a layer of dust everywhere, dirt on the floor and the sheets had hair and other debris. I promptly notified the front desk staff and they moved us to another room. The second room was dirty as well. Again, there was a layer of dust on everything. The maintenance guy who had to come fix the tv even stated how dusty it was. This room was also dirty. There was blood on the headboard which poses a biohazard condition. The sheets on one of the bed had some kind of gunk on it and they were ripped. The bathroom sink was dirty and had mildew underneath the lip. I emailed the general manager and he never responded. In the end we were accommodated for all of the inconvenience but we shouldn't have had to deal with the uncleanliness in the first place. Also, the room are very small so be prepared for that as well.

Room tip: Long wait at check in Not clean Rude employees
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled with friends
David M, General Manager at EVEN Hotel New York - Midtown East, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2022

Hello Aprilcopeland085,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving your feedback!

We are sincerely sorry that your experience with our hotel did live up to your standards or ours. Our team works extremely hard to make sure each guest feels welcome and comfortable and this clearly wasn't met in your scenario. Cleanliness is one of our top standards and as you mentioned, our reviews indicate that, so we are absolutely going to investigate where the breakdown was.

Along with security, cleanliness is a top priority.

I've looked at your reservation and I'm not seeing the disconnect in the rate variance you mentioned. According to our system the reservation rates that you booked at match what was charged, but if you would like me to investigate further I would be glad to review the confirmation you received and see what can be figured out.

I'm sorry that I did not return your message. I'm reviewing my emails and don't seem to see it so I'm not sure if it was lost in cyberspace, but I'm happy to hear that you did connect with someone on property that was able to accommodate you. Our team definitely understands that while we strive for perfection, things will happen, and we want to make sure that we are holding ourselves properly accountable when that happens.

I hope we have the chance to see you back soon so we can give you the experience we set for ourselves.

All the best,

Reviewed May 29, 2022

We stayed at the Even hotel April 12, 2022 and loved it. We are staying there again this weekend. Courteous efficient helpful staff. Clean has everything you need in the room. The restaurant staff were wonderful. Excellent food. Fresh squeezed orange juice.

Ricardo Is a fabulous bartender and was interesting to talk to along with the other hotel patrons.

Beautiful comfortable outdoor patio.

Date of stay: April 2022
1  Thank heidisC8103BA

Hello heidisC8103BA,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving your feedback!

We really appreciate your kind words and are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay!

Our entire team works hard to provide the best possible stay for all guests and it's great to hear when this standard is met. More importantly your return business means EVERYTHING to us! Thank you so much!

We hope to see you back again soon and we will be sure to share your comments with Ricardo!

All the best,