“Rural surprise ”
Review of Cafe Diablo

Cafe Diablo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Diablo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Torrey
Cuisines: Southwestern, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Cute restaurant in rural Utah with lengthy wine list, cozy environment and friendly service. Ordered their signature ribs with grilled Brussels sprouts which were tasty and nicely presented. Portion huge! Could have shared and still had leftovers. Great find in rural Utah.

1  Thank Kilowatt64
Write a ReviewReviews (1,537)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Torrey doesn’t have many restaurants on offer so, based on some other very small town experiences, our expectations were fairly moderate. We were very pleasantly surprised.

When we arrived we were informed that there was a noisy group in the area where we had been assigned a table (they turned out to just be a boisterous wedding group), and we were asked if we’d like a quieter area - we accepted the offer to move. It was a nice service gesture, although our original table would have been fine.

My wife ordered the “spicy” salmon, which turned out to have more of a sweet chilli sauce and wasn’t actually spicy but was thoroughly excellent. It came with a delicious black bean cake and very tasty broccoli that somehow tasted like grilled, marinated brussel sprouts. I had the lamb shank which was mouth watering and accompanied by excellent grilled veggies and a creamed, large kernel white corn that I had never heard of (and so can’t recall the name) that was amazing.

Service was excellent - quick & attentive without being overbearing. I highly recommend this place.

2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my second time here and we went on opening night. The rattlesnake cakes were good, but a little overdone. I had the ribs and they were so tender, fell eight off of the bone. The glaze on them was delicious! Also had the key lime cheesecake for dessert which was nice and tart and not overly sweet, very flavorful. The staff was very attentive, my husband had a couple of issues with the creamer in his coffee, and the staff got it resolved and comped his coffee. Ambiance outside is preferable when the weather gets warmer.

2  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not overly expensive but certainly on the upper end. But worth it. The atmosphere is perfect for the setting and the food is fantastic. This is a must visit (at least once) whenever we are in the area.

1  Thank joevford
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant came highly recommended over the years, so I finally tried it while passing through. I wasn't that impressed with the limited menu, high high prices, and okay food. I've heard they use to grow a lot of their vegetables and use higher quality ingredients. It's not bad now, but not quite worth the prices. The exception is their delish mixed salad with strawberries and incredibly creative use of banana bread as croutons. Nicely decorated place and friendly staff. Skip unless you get that salad.

Been to Cafe Diablo? Share your experiences!