““ Homemade Cooking with Great Service !! “”

Loyd Have Mercy Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 150 Restaurants in Titusville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We recommend you try this restaurant; plenty of good food and Sandy to provide you with very friendly service. The menu is quite diverse, we were in the mood for seafood so we went with the fried catfish dinner but will be back to try the meatloaf & the fried chicken. A big selection of sides; we went with fried okra, green beans, sweet potato fries & onion rings. All of them were delicious!! No room left for dessert but peach cobbler and/or banana pudding sounds very tempting. We think you will like this place

Loyd Have M, Owner at Loyd Have Mercy Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thanks, for stopping in an giving us Try and a nice review.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We have been to the area before and read the reviews. When there after checking out of our timeshare at about 11:30 AM and wanted to try the fried green tomatoes but eh were all out at this hour. I wanted order the whiting fish but they were all out also. So I ordered the "other fish" and it came out all soggy and greasy. Should have stuck with the hamberger. Never again LORD HAVE MERCY

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I recently ate at Loyd's and enjoyed a wonderful quarter chicken dinner with greens, carrot casserole, and green beans. The chicken was crispy and with a lightly seasoned coating that wasn't the typical hot-spicy southern style. I appreciated that - you could really taste the chicken. Pieces were big and meaty. The carrot casserole was excellent - I highly recommend it. It's reminiscent of bread pudding but not nearly as sweet, with generous cubes of carrot cooked in it. Mm mm mm. The greens were cooked perfectly: done but with a little bite, definitely not overcooked to mushiness, with a hint of smokiness and no heat - just the way I enjoy them. I took home a piece of the sweet potato cake and it was equally good. Not as heavily spiced as pumpkin pie - but with a definitely spice to it, it was a moist cake topped with a thin layer of icing that gave it just the right amount of after dinner sweetness. I was there at about 2pm and it wasn't busy at all. However, in driving past it at night, they looked very busy. The server was friendly and welcoming, prompt with the food and attentive without being intrusive.

It can be easy to miss because, at least when I was there, the sign had suffered from some wind damage. But, it was worth seeking out!

Price-wise, I found it reasonable - somewhere between "cheap eats" and "midrange".

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Mostly fried food and southern style dishes. The food was good, we had fried shrimp, and wings in mild sauce. The servers were friendly and attentive.

The atmosphere was odd...cream colored walls, paintings, floors and counters mixed with mismatched chairs and tables. A tv in the corner was playing old lullaby 50s music over tinny sounding speakers.

If you want some good southern food but don’t mind an atmosphere reminiscent of a 80s movie diner before something weird happened, then eat here.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Drove two hours to eat here. As other posters wrote, walking in i was taken back. It is like going back in time. Having grown up in South Florida when Florida was still Florida, I was shocked. Like going back to 1970. If you are looking for suit and tie place, this is not it. You will not find any Restaurant like this anywhere in Florida, I believe. This is food we use to have in the 70s, Much of it LOCAL, southern meals that are just like family dinners I use to have as a kid. Blue Crab, Whiting, Sheepshead. Chit-lings, peach cobbler short ribs, okra, too much to list. Our waitress was like an old best friend. Sandy was wonderful. All I can say is, if you want to experience the cooking of what Florida use to be like and try fish from local waters, if you want home cooked meals, if you want to see how the South really was, how much fun and tasty it was with real food. You won't find it anyplace else. There is no other restaurant like this anywhere is this state, with all these local foods.

1  Thank thesooth