“But the food is great!”
Review of Ike's Place

Ike's Place
Ranked #958 of 5,588 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Located in a shoping center, parking is a challenge. You will probably find a line ready to order. We were there at lunch and finding a seat was difficult. The place could really use some paint. Setting that aside, the sandwiches are awesome. Costing about $10 they are huge and a little bit messy (which is a good thing). Our sandwich came on a Dutch crunch roll and had about three kinds of meat on it. You can buy canned soda or a drink from their fountain. I would certainly go back for a meal at this place.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

First & foremost. Ike’s sandwiches are AWESOME. Huge, fresh, full of perfect flavor. They’re also UNIQUE. Eclectic combos (that you can easily change to suit your palette) that have totally expanded my idea of what makes a great sandwich. Ike’s originally started in San Fran and I was thrilled when they headed south to San Diego. My fav? The ménage a trios.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Having owned a deli for 8 years where our motto was 'The Best Sandwiches in Town', I stand humbled as Ike's Place easily yanks the crown away from me. Our usual choice is the Paul Ruebens, Ike's take on the classic Rueben, but any of their offerings are sure to add a pleasant pause to your day. Their dutch crunch bread is out of this world good.

If you go based on my review and you find your sandwich is sub-par, send me the uneaten sandwich, along with the receipt and I'll reimburse you 100%. C'mon, how can you beat that deal?!?!?

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Best sandwich in San Diego. Unbelievable number of choices and staff allows substitutions. A pleasure eating here. Worth the wait, all sandwiches made to order.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

I am a sandwich aficionado. Coast to coast, this is my meal of choice. And in my mind this place is in the top 3 sandwich shops worldwide. I had the Madison Bumgarner and was thoroughly excited with the finished product. I will drive far to come here, should I be within striking distance again.

Date of visit: May 2017