“Come on you already know this ”
Review of Rockys Crown Pub

Rockys Crown Pub
Ranked #123 of 5,244 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

If you are here searching for Rocky’s then you already know this is the best burger in town. Slap your mother good! I don’t eat it often as I am sure it can’t be the best thing for you, but wow it’s amazing. Be prepared to wait long for a table and bring cash as they don’t take credit card.

1  Thank Auddy

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Today I went over to this establishment because my girlfriend found it online and we wanted to try it out because it really looks like a cool place to eat and drink, well unfortunately we were not able to enjoy.
We were having a little bit of trouble finding parking so we parked behind the establishment where it said “customer parking only” but it did not say for what bar or restaurant, so we decided to park there and ask inside if it was ok to park there or move.
Once we got inside Rocky’s pub the first thing that happened is that a large man (for lack of a better word), I believe he is a waiter there, asked for our ID, something normal because it is a Pub, but when we showed him our Mexican passports he made a weird face and just handed them over back to us and walked away, I found it a little bit rude that he didn’t have good customer service and showed us to a table or maybe ask us if we wanted to sit in the bar if there were no tables available, he didn’t do anything just walked away, so I followed to ask him about the parking situation and in a very rude manner he told me “we don’t have parking here you have to find somewhere else”, since I’m not from the area I asked if he knew where I could park or if he had any suggestions and he replied “I don’t work for the parking department” and started giving me a “lesson” on where I could and could not park, basically saying that I’m ignorant or shouldn’t be there, I don’t if he was having a bad day or something but I don’t think that is the correct way to treat new customers that find establishments like these and want to try it out, I believe that is very bad for business. My one star reflects in the customer service that this person showed, the place still looked like a cool pub that we would like but after that we decided to find somewhere else to enjoy our afternoon. I believe you (Rocky’s pub) should train your employees a little better in customer service because this can even be misunderstood as not wanting to give service just because we our not locals or United States citizens.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

NO KIDS ALLOWED.

Since we have kids, I went with my wife for take-out. We had 2 1/3s and 2 1/2s. The food excellent. The burger has a great taste and the fries are "the" fries to go with it. Seasoned perfectly.

However, the gem of this is the place. Great place to watch a game and have a good bite. They only serve beer and wine and they only take cash (there are about two 2 atms walking distance). No servers but who cares.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I have to say Rocky’s is always great for a greasy yummy burger. It’s always full of locals but there is never a good time to go unless lunch with more than 2. The place is so small! Plus they do not take credit cards. So stop at your banks ATM the one outside charges a higher than normal fee to withdraw money. Would be happy to give 5 stars if the last two noted issues could be resolved. You need to try their burger at least once. No fancy options but get the large you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I live about 20 miles away and Ill travel all the way to Rockys just for their burger. Ive done all the fancy burgers in town, Id say that Rockys is the BEST. I can't stand when people say they love In-and-Out, that garbage compared to Rocky's Burger. They have super cold fresh beers, a relaxed environment and a all around good vibe. Only issue I have is trying to find seating as its a very small bar and that they only take cash, but its all worth it to me!