4,289 results
All reviewsnorth towerseaport villageconvention centertequila barthe concierge loungepool areacoronado islandself parkingcity viewwithin walking distancethe gas lamp districtlarge hotelbalcony roompetco parkroom servicegaslamp quarterbeautiful hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sometimes convention center hotels are just ok. The Marriott Marquis seems to run more like a resort. I thought the staff were very attentive despite the sheer size of the hotel. Beautiful location by the water and within walking distance of downtown.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear JNYCwriter,

Thank you for being our guest at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. We are glad you liked the great service provided by our associates and were also impressed with our convenient location. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback, and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very clean, well kept hotel! The rooms are spacious. The bed, pillows & bedding are very comfortable. The event we were there was was hosted there for meals several times & they were all very good! The staff was very courteous & respectful. Housekeeping was always around the corner waiting to clean our room.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Just stayed here for biz trip conference and had very poor experience because this hotel lack basics and quality, and for $280+tax a night discount rate is completely not worth it. To begin I am Marriott and SPG gold and got almost nothing for that. I could access their lounge but was closed 2 days so they gave points instead (fine) the. i go for breakfast its super
Low quality unhealthy offerings like instant eggs, enriched flour bread and stale coffee. No room service. Only can deuver food from the
takeout pantry premade for $8 fee. Really?! Elevators were constantly slow and always packed making stops on all floors.
Lines at the reception desk constantly. No food from a restaurant avaialable for delivery to room . Wifi was horrible - kept kicking me off after 10 minutes for 4 days. I ask for late checkout and they only give me to 2pm. On 8am that day my key works which I check as I leave the room for the horrible breakfast, come back to change for work and it does not work 20minutes later so have to go down to reception which made me late for my first work appointment with the slow elevators and lines. Finally I get an hour break for some pool time but again another big disappointment. 3 very narrow small
pools full of people and kids who were jumping and splashing. They have a separate kids pool not enforced at all. I order a cocktail at pool bar and ask for Mojito with Meyers rum (because they have no quality white rums). The bar charges me $23 for that and insists thats the correct -$8 plus $15 for Meyers rum. Complete ripoff. I can go on and on- nothing was done well at this hotel from the taxky carpeting to the lack of services. The room was clean and the gym was good. That was it. Made my biz trip worse and less productive. You would be better off staying at a La Quinta or Best Western for half the price.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ralph C,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. We appreciate knowing you enjoyed our level of housekeeping and gym, but hope you will accept our apologies for the remainder of your stay not living up to your expectations. Clearly we missed several opportunities to make a great impression with our service, breakfast, and pool. This is not our standard, as we are often noted for our high level of hospitality and variety of items served during our buffet. We enjoy hearing from our guests about how we can improve our hotel, and have shared your concerns with the appropriate parties. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Brands, and we hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you in the future!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Always enjoyed returning to this amazing resort. Perfect location for business and pleasure and one stop shopping for everything you need.

Excellent amenities, service and restaurant outlets as well as walking distance to Seaport Village.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear Winrow1,

We appreciate your consistent support of the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. We are pleased everything went great for you during your visit and that our wonderful location made it even better. Thanks for your review, and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I came to San Diego, and stayed in the Marriott, for a conference in the hotel. It was a great experience, despite the usual overpricing of everything. Overall, the hotel was comfortable to stay in and the surrounds (e.g. pool), were delightful.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Evan L
TeamMarriott, Manager at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Evan L,

Thank you for choosing Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina while here for a conference. We are glad we met all of your expectations and you had a great stay. We value your feedback and hope to see you back soon!