“Best Brisket EVER!! Oh my!!”
Review of Iron Pig Alehouse

Iron Pig Alehouse
Ranked #314 of 5,168 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Short hop to the beach, we stopped here for the BBQ. Locals gave rave reviews. I asked the waitress what was the best meal on the menu. She said BRISKET. Wow!! The absolute BEST brisket I have ever eaten!! Will be back again.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

The food was amazing, as well as the Service. The baby back ribs were delicious, but the best were the sliced brisket sammie!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

This was a top recommendation from a local and it didn't disappoint. We had a large group of 14 and they easily had the room for us on their long family style tables. We had 6 kids with us that all enjoyed their meals, drinks and color sheets. Staff was helpful and very attentive. Overall everyone enjoyed their meal, even our vegetarian. Prices were decent and portions were large, come hungry and you'll leave happy.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

The Iron Pig Alehouse is the place. Rick Daniels learned the BBQ craft in Texas and has brought that unique Texas smoked flavor to the coast. If you grew up on real Texas BBQ or have been looking for brisket that is down home right this is the place. After my first visit , I was so suprised at the flavor that I had to see the pit.
Kenny Casciato - a partner, and Chef Rick Daniels were super gracious and showed me the wonderfully seasoned pit and spent time sharing with me thier take on good BBQ.

These folks know BEER ! If you are going to have good BBQ it also helps to wash it down with a good beer and The Iron Pig is the place. The list of local Craft Beer is a page long and coupled with a generous happy hour ...... makes for great dining and sampling the local crafts.

Casual atmosphere and additional outside seating make this a place to put on the must go list.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

My boyfriend loves BBQ so we had to try this place out especially since it was less than a mile away from our vacation rental. I wouldn't say it was the best BBQ we've ever had but it was still worth giving a try and we would definitely go back for any future San Diego visits.

The place had a dark industrial type feel to it which was a nice contrast to the more run down looking eating establishments in the area. I ordered the highly recommended smoked wings as my actual entrée with their cheesy smashed potatoes and fries. Yes - I chose double carbs:-) I really enjoyed the smoked wings as the smoke flavor was very prominent and the wings were seasoned very well however they were a bit dry. This disappointed me a bit but their sauces were yummy so that helped with the needed moisture. This may have just been an isolated dry batch because gaging from previous reviews, the smoke wings are usually on point so I'll have to try them again in the future. The cheesy smash was tasty as they definitely add a nice amount of cheese and bacon with a few chives on top! The fries were fresh cut, well seasoned and overall very good as well.

My boyfriend ordered the ribs and brisket combo and he too was very happy with his meal. The ribs and brisket were tender, everything was very well seasoned and he really enjoyed the BBQ sauce they provided. He's not a fan of pinto beans but he really loved their BBQ pinto beans especially due to the fact that they added meat to them which accentuated their flavor even more. The coleslaw was nothing to write home about but overall everything was very good!

We'd definitely visit this place again without question:-)