“Good Korean fine dining”

Buga Korean Barbecue Restaurant
Ranked #739 of 5,166 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We booked a table for 8 at 8.00 pm but were made to wait 20 minutes to get our seating. This was disappointing as the table was not ready on time.
On the bright side the service was excellent. The BBQ meats were tender and delicious. The side accompanying kimchi were good. The drinks ok. The Bibimbap was ok. Pricy restaurant but worth it. Had better Korean food in NYC. Overall a good dining experience. The Macaroon Icecream were good and a novel dessert.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

It was so convenient to our motel, we just walked in for a late lunch at 2 PM. I had the spare rib lunch set, Wife had grilled salmon, both ample servings prepared deliciously. Sets come with the variety of little dishes, green salad, and fruit slice. A chat with a few patrons reinforces that this is a "go to place" for Korean food. I like Bibimbop more than grilling meat at table so would return for the lunch specials.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

They always have excellent food, and service is prompt and friendly. The salad was a bit bland, but the meat is tender, the side dishes have a good variety, and other dishes are also tasty. Don't take the combination BBQ as it is a huge portion - order individual meat cuts instead. Tables are clean and big, the grill is clean. Best of all, the smell does not stay on your clothes.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Since this is not an all you can eat place, I place a higher importance on the extras. The restaurant is a step above most in quality and ambience in SD, but wish they would have more extras like rice cooked in stone bowls, radish/rice paper wraps, and hot broth at the table like places in LA. The meat is of good quality, but portions were not the most generous, but adequate. I go to this place once every couple months.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

My husband and I love this Korean BBQ restaurant. I always get the Galbi (marinated short ribs) and my husband gets the King Prawns. The banchan (small side dishes) are great, too. One of these days, I am going to try the Bulgogi. I like Bulgogi but have never tried it at Buga. The restaurant is easy to locate, very well appointed and clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. Some of the staff do not appear to be fluent in English, so be aware and be patient. We look forward to our next dinner there.