“Great food and fantastic beer”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 5,244 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 4th Avenue
Transit: Trolly & Train
Description: Fleming's San Diego, CA is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in Downtown SD in the Gaslamp District off Harbor Drive, next to Seaport Village and San Diego Bay.
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Geeat Mac and Cheese as well as great roasted brussel sprouts...all of their food is delicious. While there you can't possibly miss out on great craft beer. Their Anaheim and the Carlsbad restaurants just as terrific.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

My husband and I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times. They do not disappoint!
The last time we had dinner, we ordered the following: Petite Filet, Bone in Ribeye, 1 baked potato, grilled asparagus, 2 orders of their delicious Fleming potatoes, carrot cake, and three cocktails. Total price w/out tip was 240.82..expensive? Sure..but worth it. I love this restaurant and if my husband and I earned better salaries..we would visit more often. Anyhow-if you are a visitor to San Diego and would like to have a very good dinner, good customer service, and a nice ambiance..I would highly recommend Fleming's..we have also been to the Fleming's in Newport Beach..that restaurant is also amazing..

Reviewed 26 April 2018

Went in with friends to have a great meal, started off with crab cakes and oysters for the table, not a fan of either. I had a 22 oz dry aged rib eye bone in filet. What a piece of meat, cooked to perfection. We also got mushrooms, scallop potatoes and king crab legs for the table. No dessert, could hardly move after dinner. Staff was great, atmosphere was perfect.
great place.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

This particular Fleming's location is very convenient for Padres games. The valet costs $12.00, which beats the price of parking anywhere in the neighborhood. I have eaten there at a number of occasions. The service is decent. My complaint would be that it can be "overly familiar." On my most recent visit, I ordered the rib eye steak. My parents owned a cattle ranch and I know something about beef. The steak I was served was hard to cut, tough to chew and had no flavor. Marbeling was non-existent. I have heard that, with fish, restaurants sometimes make less expensive substitutions. This steak had to be from another part of the cow (a shoulder steak?) or from a cow who grew up in a hot, dry place and got a lot of exercise. I was with a friend. He ordered fish. It was fine. The total cost of our meal, with tax and tip and just water to drink, was over $175.00. While the meal was not a disaster, at that price, the value is just not there. I contrast this with a meal I had at this Fleming's location with my daughter about a year ago. Something has changed and not for the better. I should add, the following night, I grilled rib eye steaks which had been purchased at a local Von's. They were everything that a rib eye steak should be and that the Fleming's rib eye steak was not.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been here twice in the last month with my family of five. I was initially upset they dropped their Sunday Prime Rib meal, but they have added new focus and deals on filet and lobster, or even king crab legs. You also get a scallop starter and a salad, and the total is only $50. We all tried the filet and lobster and it was high quality all the way around. They also have an outstanding wine list and even a good offering of craft beer. For dessert I highly recommend the chocolate lava cake. We will be back soon!