“Of course I over ordered”

Old Town Mexican Cafe
Ranked #243 of 5,141 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Town
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Our first dinner in Old Town San Diego was here. Service was a bit slow and drinks took a long time. Otherwise the food was great. The OTMC nachos were a perfect sloppy mess, exactly as it should be. Fresh tortillas and more food than any human being should or could eat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,528)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We returned after 15 years and it was still as delicious as we remembered! Order up both the freshly made flour and corn tortillas. So perfectly made (you can watch them in the front window making them). Enjoy the huevos rancheros at breakfast!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place was worth the wait. The food was fresh. The atmosphere was definitely Mexican! Including a mariachi band that sang and played throughout the restaurant. The taco salad was tasty. And, the flour tortillas (only 50 cents each) were awesome...hot and fresh and great with salsa and guacamole!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A very busy and popular place with tourists, probably dream in by the live displays of freshly made tortillas through the front windows, which were the highlights of the actual meal. The rest of the food is average, and my lime margarita was excessive salty due to a big chunk of the salted rim dropping into my drink before it arrived at our table. Not a favourite of ours.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have rated here twice in three day on my trip to San Diego. The food is delicious and affordable. I had the cheese dip that includes many cheeses, beef and jalapenos. It was delightful. The shrimp fajitas with shrimp cook just right and tender. Refined beans, and guacamole. It had great flavor. We also ordered the OMC nachos. They were wonderful and favorable. Prior times here I have gotten the classic carnitas of which they are famous. I highly recommend this place