Book now, pay at stay
US$229
US$199
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$169
  • Restaurant
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/24
US$214
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

US$134
US$129
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Free cancellation until 07/24
US$162
US$147
  • Pool
Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$149
US$230
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$242/night.

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/25
US$246
US$199
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

US$217
US$161
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront desktaco bellthe san diego areafree weightsthe general managerrooms are niceper dayone night stayyogurteasy accessfree breakfastinnsherbiepropertyparkingfreewaydishwasher
Reviewed 18 November 2016

The Residence Inn was a great place to stay. An Uber from SD airport is < $30 and most businesses in the area are < $10 so the location is excellent. The staff was exceptionally friendly, the breakfast was very good. The rooms are large with kitchen (microwave) and well appointed.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Nothing fancy - clean, spacious room with all the amenities one could need. Loved that the room not only had a kitchenette but they would take your grocery list to the store and buy what you need - they only charge the actual price of groceries which was a nice surprise. Parking was supposedly $12/night but I wasn't charged over my 4 night stay. Good location, far enough away from the city and shore to be more affordable than most other options but right off the 5 and 15 minutes north of the airport. Staff was nice. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed on a higher floor near the elevator and had no issue.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
Sirpa R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Good evening,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased you utilized our grocery shopping service, it is a benefit not many guests know about. We are happy you enjoyed our location as well as amenities.

Hope we have an opportunity to host you again in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The customer service at this property is horrible and the staff is rude and impolite. Charged me for two reservations instead of one. When I called the hotel to assist, the front desk agent was very rude, even thought I have a life time platinum status. They do not value their valuable guests

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Sirpa R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Good afternoon,

I thank you for your comments. As we discussed with you personally, we show confirmation for two reservations being made, I apologize if this does not meet your satisfaction, we are currently still looking into this situation.

Thank you again, you will be hearing from myself shortly.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I am a huge fan of the Marriott properties and whenever possible, I like more space so the Residence Inn is a logical option. This is my first stay at the Del Mar location and I was happy with my selection. Here are the pros and cons:

PROs
• Spacious, comfortable and contemporary living/sleeping quarters
• Similar with other residence inns, there’s a sizable kitchen and desk space
• Plug ins galore – many outlets for a techie with electronic gadgets
• Because of its proximity to surrounding business centers, property tend to cater to business travelers more than families
• Very quiet and fewer families/children than your typical residence inns elsewhere (see CONs below)
• Reasonable rate and a better alternative than residence inns in or near downtown San Diego (which are almost 50% more)
• Free and hot breakfast – but nothing to write home about.

CONs
• Traffic on I-5 (to get to/from hotel) can be maddening – give yourself extra time
• Somewhat isolated and away from key attractions around the San Diego area
• Limited dining and shopping options unless you have a car
• This property charge for parking – this blows!!!

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank AverageJoe1

Good evening,

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and consider our hotel a hidden gem. Our brand of hotel is definitely a pleasant surprise when seeking a hotel for a stay more than one or two nights.

Have a great evening!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

It is located near the freeway and close access to La Jolla shores. Maybe about 5-10 minutes drive. Parking is $12 for underground garage. The place is also close to Vons, gas stations, and some restaurants, although not many. It's in the business area, There are many offices around the area. Room was clean, and the gym is located in the basement near the parking area, So if you go to the gym night time it's a little scary, a little dim lights and quite. Check in took a while about 20 minutes maybe, they were understaffed for the Labor Day weekend. Only bummer, when I called to reserve I requested for a late 4PM check out and it was granted. However at the hotel they said they could not do it for me. But eventually gave me until 2PM. They should sync the communication between the central call center and the hotel. Room and bathroom overall is clean, breakfast also OK.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family