“Wonderful Photo Tour of Beach Areas in San Diego”

San Diego Photography Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: San Diego Photography Tours offers walking photo tours and photo tours by vehicle. Our specialized tours are a creative alternative to generic sightseeing tours. Our professional photographer guides give you personalized attention as they show you how to take better photographs of San Diego’s key sites and hidden gems. We take you to the best vantage points, at the best time of the day, and entertain you with fun stories and facts about San Diego during our sightseeing photo "workshops."
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Last week we visited the San Diego area and hired San Diego Photo tours for six hours on Monday. We had the most fabulous time and it was even better than we thought it would be. We have some mobility issues (I am on oxygen) and wanted a private situation. J helped me learn more about my camera and also took us to the most wonderful places. She was very familiar with them and we felt like we were getting the insider's view. In addition, J is a fount of knowledge about the area and gave us many tips. Well worth the money, highly recommend. We did this on the first full day of our vacation which was a great way to open up a wonderful week. And the weather cooperated (which of course we cannot control) and we had a clear day, able to see both down to Mexico and up to mountains near Orange County. All and all, an Aplus kind of day because of J!

Julie K, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Amy - I am so glad I was able to show you our all-inspiring coastal scenery and I'm thrilled that I was able to give you a little tip that will now help you better with focusing and getting the exposure right. Thanks for the review!

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
"julie"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Julie was knowledgeable, patient and a great tour guide! The places she took me were awesome, and she tailored it to my speed and liking. She gave great tips and suggestions, and I would do it again many times!

Julie K, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

M-

It was a pleasure to show you some of our beautiful and enchanting photo spots and I thoroughly enjoyed watching you progress with your photos. You are certainly a master of iPhone photography! I know that now your Instagram will be jammed packed with gorgeous San Diego images for all to drool over ! Thanks for your (inaugural) review!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Took a really fun and very informative 4 hour private tour with Julie. In a very short time - she assessed my photo skills and tailored the tour and photography tips so I got the most out of our time together. I've always shied away from all the manual overrides on my cameras - and by the end of the evening she had me using them to get the best night photos I've ever taken.

Julies's enthusiasm for San Diego is contagious. While teaching me about F Stops and ISO settings she managed to convey some fantastic information about San Diego and gave some great restaurant recommendations. (My girlfriend and I had dinner at The Prado that evening and it was fantastic!)

Overall, I couldn't ask for a better or more informative photography tour.

Julie K, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Jeff-

I'm glad you got to see what Old Town was all about and you have a nice photo of the historic period-dressed docent to show its charm. And I'm thrilled that you were able to experience the magic of Balboa Park at night -- both via the wonderful night shots you took there and again on your own. I am very pleased that you have now mastered so many new functions on your camera and have discovered all the amazing things it can do. Happy Shooting!

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Booked Julie for a pre-Xmas photography walk in San Diego with the emphasis on learning tips & techniques for creative photography. My wife came along for the walk & historic interest, was press ganged into being my unpaid model. Julie had me complete a pre-walk survey & made the effort to tailor the tour to my relatively low level of knowledge etc. It was a hugely beneficial afternoon, although it reinforced that there's a lot more to photography than buying fancy gear! I have enough things to practice (especially after her extensive follow-up email) to keep me going for about a year, which is more than i expected. Very helpful and all delivered with great enthusiasm and fun. A great, informative afternoon with the added benefit of finding out something about the history of downtown, which buildings used to be brothels (most of them apparently) back in the day :-)

Julie K, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Peter- I'm glad you got the blurring trolley shots and streaking headlights and tailights; you are now an expert at all things shutter speed related... including dissapearing people! Good luck with your photography!

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I booked a five hour private tour with Julie. I wanted to learn how to improve my photography, get more comfortable with manual shooting and did she teach me! For five hours she did a show and tell (and critique) and also gave information about the places we visited. I came away with so many ideas, got so much inspiration and learned so much. It was worth every penny and I will definitely take an other tour next year.

SanDiegoPhotoTo... J, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Bernadette - I loved your spirit, energy and enthusiasm toward photography and all of the new things I taught you, especially the 3 techniques for purposely moving the camera. I wish you the best of luck with your future pet photography business! As you suggested, I look forward to doing a part 2 next time you visit!

Been to San Diego Photography Tours? Share your experiences!