“Awesome experience”

San Diego Photography Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: San Diego Photography Tours offers walking photo tours and photo tours by vehicle. Our specialized tours are a creative alternative to generic sightseeing tours. Our professional photographer guides give you personalized attention as they show you how to take better photographs of San Diego’s key sites and hidden gems. We take you to the best vantage points, at the best time of the day, and entertain you with fun stories and facts about San Diego during our sightseeing photo "workshops."
Reviewed February 28, 2018

Julie was knowledgeable, patient and a great tour guide! The places she took me were awesome, and she tailored it to my speed and liking. She gave great tips and suggestions, and I would do it again many times!

Julie K, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

M-

It was a pleasure to show you some of our beautiful and enchanting photo spots and I thoroughly enjoyed watching you progress with your photos. You are certainly a master of iPhone photography! I know that now your Instagram will be jammed packed with gorgeous San Diego images for all to drool over ! Thanks for your (inaugural) review!

All reviews
"a lot of fun"
"julie"
in 78 reviews

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Took a really fun and very informative 4 hour private tour with Julie. In a very short time - she assessed my photo skills and tailored the tour and photography tips so I got the most out of our time together. I've always shied away from all the manual overrides on my cameras - and by the end of the evening she had me using them to get the best night photos I've ever taken.

Julies's enthusiasm for San Diego is contagious. While teaching me about F Stops and ISO settings she managed to convey some fantastic information about San Diego and gave some great restaurant recommendations. (My girlfriend and I had dinner at The Prado that evening and it was fantastic!)

Overall, I couldn't ask for a better or more informative photography tour.

Julie K, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Jeff-

I'm glad you got to see what Old Town was all about and you have a nice photo of the historic period-dressed docent to show its charm. And I'm thrilled that you were able to experience the magic of Balboa Park at night -- both via the wonderful night shots you took there and again on your own. I am very pleased that you have now mastered so many new functions on your camera and have discovered all the amazing things it can do. Happy Shooting!

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Booked Julie for a pre-Xmas photography walk in San Diego with the emphasis on learning tips & techniques for creative photography. My wife came along for the walk & historic interest, was press ganged into being my unpaid model. Julie had me complete a pre-walk survey & made the effort to tailor the tour to my relatively low level of knowledge etc. It was a hugely beneficial afternoon, although it reinforced that there's a lot more to photography than buying fancy gear! I have enough things to practice (especially after her extensive follow-up email) to keep me going for about a year, which is more than i expected. Very helpful and all delivered with great enthusiasm and fun. A great, informative afternoon with the added benefit of finding out something about the history of downtown, which buildings used to be brothels (most of them apparently) back in the day :-)

Julie K, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Peter- I'm glad you got the blurring trolley shots and streaking headlights and tailights; you are now an expert at all things shutter speed related... including dissapearing people! Good luck with your photography!

Reviewed April 11, 2017

I booked a five hour private tour with Julie. I wanted to learn how to improve my photography, get more comfortable with manual shooting and did she teach me! For five hours she did a show and tell (and critique) and also gave information about the places we visited. I came away with so many ideas, got so much inspiration and learned so much. It was worth every penny and I will definitely take an other tour next year.

SanDiegoPhotoTo... J, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Bernadette - I loved your spirit, energy and enthusiasm toward photography and all of the new things I taught you, especially the 3 techniques for purposely moving the camera. I wish you the best of luck with your future pet photography business! As you suggested, I look forward to doing a part 2 next time you visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2017

It was not my first time in San Diego, so the challenge of Julie was to find some great sunset spots, where I haven't been before. Julie overcame all expectations she is a super pro guide, she knows the best time to visit any particular location & the best points to shoot. We made a lot of great photos & had a lot of fun. Highly recommended!

SanDiegoPhotoTo... J, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Dmitry/Igor: I'm happy that we were able to do the tour very last minute. You both were a blast and I'm thrilled that we had both a beautiful golden hour and gorgeous sunset light. Hopefully next time you can come back for a longer stay!

Been to San Diego Photography Tours? Share your experiences!