“Valuable and fun experience!”

San Diego Photography Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: San Diego Photography Tours offers walking photo tours and photo tours by vehicle. Our specialized tours are a creative alternative to generic sightseeing tours. Our professional photographer guides give you personalized attention as they show you how to take better photographs of San Diego’s key sites and hidden gems. We take you to the best vantage points, at the best time of the day, and entertain you with fun stories and facts about San Diego during our sightseeing photo "workshops."
Reviewed 9 March 2017

My husband gave me a four hour tour with Julie for my birthday. I am an amateur photography and we were visiting the San Diego area for a month. Julie brought me to another level with my skills through her enthusiastic and thorough instruction. I truly appreciated not only the time I spent with her, but also her excellent follow-up and pre-tour information. I highly recommend the San Diego Photography Tour.

SanDiegoPhotoTo... J, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

I'm glad you got to know your camera better. I loved your excitement of discovering all the wonderful things you can do with slow shutter speeds and long exposures! And I'm thrilled that you got to use some of the new techniques which I taught you during your other days here while you visited some of the other attractions of the area.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"novice"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We booked a 4 hour photography tour with Julie and for the most part we loved the tour. She was very thorough and gave many details for our cameras and pointers about how to take better pictures. We had a good time and learned quite a bit.

The only thing that was a little frustrating was that we were hoping to get out to more locations for picture taking. We spent LOTS of time sitting in the Starbucks just going over information that was a little over our heads. I thought I was clear with what we wanted out of our tour but maybe I wasn't. If you book with her make sure you are clear about what you expect. I think she would be willing to be flexible.

We did end up with some great pictures and saw some great parts of La Jolla that we wouldn't have otherwise seen on our own.

I enjoyed giving a tour to your family — what a fun activity for you all to do together!
Although you all came in with different cameras, skill levels, and photography goals, I'm glad each of you seemed to learn something new and enjoy the tour. It was great to show you some parts of La Jolla you hadn't seen before, and I hope the group photos I took of you end up on your family photo blog!

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Julie gave our family a wonderful tour of San Diego over the Christmas holidays. Our group ranged in age from 17 years old to 80 years, some with beginner knowledge of our cameras and some with expert knowledge. She had a lot of wonderful things to share about the 3 areas of San Diego that we visited - the Gaslamp district, old town and Balboa park. She was able to teach all of us something we didn't know about our varied cameras. She was super friendly and lovely person to spend a day with.

SanDiegoPhotoTo... J, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

I commend you for doing such a creative family activity as a family gift experience. It was a fun experience for me to see how all of you photograph in a different style and with different types of cameras. I hope you can return again to further enjoy some of the places I brought you to.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I took a private tour with Julie and we took pictures in Balboa park in December. I only had time for 2 hours, but Julie was able to pack a lot of valuable tips and instructions into the class. She reconnected me with many functions of my camera I had forgotten about. She was able to arrange the meeting on short notice and we had a lot of fun. I returned home with great memories and many interesting pictures.

I hope you have fun making your flowers come alive with the "camera twisting" technique I taught you. And I love how you gravitated toward color and flowers. Yes, it was really fun showing you new techniques and the beautiful park too!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 October 2016

Julie provided an enlightening tour of downtown San Diego that would have been worthy investment of time and money just for the historic information she imparted. But that was just the beginning. She did an outstanding job of sharing her extensive knowledge of photography composition tips and tricks. She was very organized and included an excellent introductory package before the tour and an extensive follow up after the fact complete with valuable links to photo equipment, and instructional websites.
Julie is very energetic, passionate about photography and her city and it shows!
She is an excellent communicator and a delightful person to be around.
I would highly recommend her tour to anyone with even someone with a moderate interest in photography.

1  Thank ejimmie
SanDiegoPhotoTo... J, Owner at San Diego Photography Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Jim-

I'm thrilled that our timing was good and you got to experience my secret special sunset spot for city views. And I'm happy that you learned so much both about on how to use your new camera better and ideas for improving composition as well as stories about San Diego's history. I hope to do a part 2 for hour next visit!