US$229
US$199
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$225
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$169
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$134
US$129
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

Hilton San Diego Bayfront(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$219
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$246/night.

Free cancellation until 07/24
US$162
US$147
US$230
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Kings Inn San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$149
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$246
US$199
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

US$218
US$161
  • Room Service
1,878 results
All reviewsgaslamp quarterhorton plazagreat locationheavenly bedwithin walking distanceconcierge deskper nightvalet parkingstarbucks coffeeconvention centerlobby barbars and restaurantsgas lampvalet servicepetco parkhotel restaurantuss midway
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Westin Gaslamp while attending a conference at the Convention Center. The location was great. Within a 15 minutes walk you can get to the Convention Center or to many stores and restaurants around the Gaslamp area. The hotel has beautiful common areas but the rooms could use a little renovation. Still, everything was very comfortable, clean and the staff was always courteous and helpful.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
westingaslampSD, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for the compliments, Lila C! We are very proud of our attentive team here at The Westin Gaslamp Quarter. Our associates are the ones who make a difference. We appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience with us and hope to welcome you back to our hotel when visiting America's Finest City!

Be well,

Reviewed 20 May 2018

Given Westin and Marriott's reputation, I'm surprised that the experience at this hotel was so incredibly poor.

The bathroom, especially, was barely up to the standard of a cheap motel. There was mildew all around the toilet rim, and the door and fixtures were scraped up and busted.

If it were only that, I could have dealt with it, but the noise level was ridiculous. They booked an event with incredibly loud music until *11:30 at night*, and even though I was on the 9th floor it still was loud enough that I could clearly hear the lyrics of the songs they were playing. Apparently event bookings take priority over the comfort of their paying hotel guests?

When I went to the front desk to request a new room so I could actually sleep, the lady there acted as if I was a jerk for wanting one, and didn't even apologize. She handed me my room key without saying anything other than the number of the new room and then just stayed silent.

... at least it has nice pillows, I guess. (to lay on while you can't sleep due to the noise)

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Ahcsa-D-E-B
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Hello Ascha-D-E-B,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for our staff not being attentive to your needs and for the unsatisfactory service you received during your stay. We have shared your observations with our management team for their immediate attention. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again as we would like you to experience the hotel as you should have on this visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

A typical Westin in a great location. FYI - There is another Westin just a few blocks away.

We stayed here for 5 days (a little personal time mixed with business). The first part of our stay was for our Anniversary. The hotel upgraded our room to the Junior Suite, which was a large corner room, with sitting area/bar and a private patio with a few tables and lounger overlooking the bay. They also through in a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate strawberries in recognition of our anniversary. A special thanks to Alisha for reaching out to me prior to my stay inquiring why we were coming to town. She was wonderful and even included a had written note with the wine welcoming us to the hotel.

The room was spacious and since it was a corner room we had windows on three sides of the room overlooking the bay and downtown. The bathroom was also spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Only a few "nit picks": 1) The room had a wet bar area, but the refrigerator was located in the bedroom space. I suggest they move it to underneath the sink in the bar. Also, a "stocked fridge" would also have been nice. 2) Only one robe was provided. In a suite, you should place 2 robes. I called and they brought another one up for me.

I did not use the fitness center, spa or restaurant but they all looked nice. Service at the lobby bar was quick and staff was very friendly.

Since we had 2 separate reservations (1 for personal part of stay and the other for the "work" portion), I was unable to stay in the same room for the entire stay, but the second room was almost as nice (no balcony patio or sitting area/bar).

The pool was very quite and a tad on the small size, but it there were not many people using it so it was not an issue. I could see it being very busy in the summer and possibly not large enough.

One more "nit pick". Upon checkout, there was a $25/night plus tax charge labelled "Destination Amenity Fee". I inquired about it and it is to cover internet services, etc. so it's pretty much like a "resort fee" that some resorts charge. As a longtime Gold SPG member, I was very disheartened to here this (as many other in the travel industry are tacking on all kinds of additional fees to increase there profits). Especially when FREE internet is one of the perks of being a Gold SPG member. Apparently, membership is has less value than it did previously. The stated that the fee was implemented in March. I wonder if it has anything to do with the merger with Ritz and Marriottt. I also hope that more people complain and they consider dropping this excessive fee. On a similar note, parking is $50/night (we Ubered from the AIrport which is only 10 minutes away).

Room Tip: Corner Executive
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Joebuyer
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Joebuyer,

Thank you for being our guest at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter and for being a valued Marriott Rewards member. We love our loyal guests and appreciate your wonderful feedback. It is a pleasure to know you had a delightful stay with us and enjoyed your clean & spacious, room along with the service provided by our friendly staff. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

In addition to a very good location, this hotel has great service. The hotel is well kept up, the fitness center is well equipped, and the staff is well trained and helpful. I've stayed at the other Westin in San Diego, and the Westin Gaslamp is MUCH better, particularly the condition of the hotel and the service.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Q7715EKjohnr,

We are delighted we exceeded your expectations and we thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter offers our guests an invigorating urban destination just moments from the Gaslamp Quarter and San Diego Bay. It was our pleasure having you, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for just one night. I had a good nights sleep, in a very comfy large bed, and was not disturbed by any street noise. The only problem with this stay for us was the noise of the AC in the room. It was so loud at about 3am I had to turn it off as it did disturb my sleep slightly. Other to this, this hotel is Found in a very central location about 20 mins walk from the harbour in the Gaslamp Quarter of the city. Very near all the bars and restaurants. Would stay here again. Really nice large waterfall shower head and lit mirror in the bathroom. As part of the resort fee, you also get some freebies - like a free harbour cruise, free bike hire, free glass of beer / wine and a few more.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R951TPrebeccad
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear R951TPrebeccad,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are thrilled to know you loved our location and the facilities we offer. Your concerns regarding the A.C unit will be shared with my maintenance team. We hope you will make The Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter your home away from home whenever your travels bring you to our city.