“Amazing Nigiri Sushi, Great Chef! ”
Review of Azuki Sushi Lounge

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Juniper
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

My husband and I got an online reservation same day (it was a weeknight), and noted in the reservation that we preferred to sit at the bar. We were seated at the bar, and our chef was fantastic! He asked what we liked, provided recommendations, and made us off the menu combinations that melted in your mouth! The nigiri sushi is to die for, and is very fresh. We will be back whenever we visit San Diego. This restaurant is small, so as tasty as the food is, I suspect that a weekend reservation must be made days in advance.

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Monday February 15th got a table out front. First time in San Diego. Server was excellent. Miso soup phenomenal. Sushi rolls large and fresh. Excellent value! Thanks so much !

Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Great food and awesome selections of sake specially the Daiginjo. Presentation and freshness is at the very top. Price is on the mid to high but well worth. Very busy with many patrons even for a Wednesday night.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

I had to have sushi in San Diego, and I am so glad I ended up here. This was the best sushi I have ever had, and my friend loved it as well. I had a nigiri dish that included tuna, yellowfin, salmon, squid, etc. and my friend had a specialty roll. It's a little pricey, but sushi normally is and it is totally worth it. I would suggest making a reservation, but if you're willing to eat at the bar that may not be necessary.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

I did not see this coming. The restaurant was kind of off the beaten path and not in an area with a lot of restaurants. We had made reservations and when we walked up I was sure that we had made a mistake. The dining area is small with a row of tables on one side and the sushi bar on the other. I did find out later that there is another dining room upstairs and in the back. The front dining room is bright and loud with lots of people coming in and out. The back dining room seemed darker and quieter.
My wife likes sushi. I don't. So she ordered the Sunshine roll and I went with the teriyaki chicken. According to her, the sushi was unbelievably good and very, very fresh. The teriyaki chicken was very tender and cooked just right. It came with a delicious side of freshly cooked veggies. My wife was able to finish off the sunshine roll. She said she was stuffed when she finished. I wasn't able to finish off the chicken. The value was very good as well. The total bill for the two entrees, two specialty drinks and a cup of tea was a little less than $50.
Sitting near the sushi bar was a treat. Watching the sushi chefs prepare and present the dishes to the people seated at the bar was quite fun. The servers were fantastic as well - very attentive without being intrusive.
It's located on Bankers Hill. We found a free parking spot on the street over from the restaurant.

1  Thank jmburd