“Great food, great place to relax”
Review of Fig Tree Cafe

Fig Tree Cafe
Ranked #157 of 5,166 Restaurants in San Diego
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We stayed at an Air B&B in the neighborhood and ended up eating here 2 of the 3 mornings. It is just a little neighborhood mostly outdoor vibe. Lots of people here with their dogs and seem to be here to relax, very low key. I had a huevos rancheros both days which were great, also things ordered were veggie scram, granola and fruit, pancakes with strawberries and cream everything was wonderful. Also great coffee and good service! So glad we tried this new place, we will be back on our next trip. I also see now there are other locations, I am going to have to check them out, but the setting of this restaurant I think really adds to it, not sure if the others would be the same! Enjoy!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This restaurant is basically a wooden deck/patio shaded by a huge and beautiful fig tree. Nothing fancy but the vibe is SoCal mellow and friendly. I kept going back for the veggie scramble, which you can order with fresh fruit or roast potatoes on the side. The jam they serve with the toast is particularly good. Pancakes are light and fluffy...Pacific Beach is a college town, so if you go early on a weekday you can spend a leisurely morning here sitting and reading undisturbed under the fig tree--lovely. Beware, though: On holidays and weekends (brunch time) the lines can stretch out to the sidewalk.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

My last day in San Diego visiting a friend who lives there took me here. Let me tell you this places was great! I loved the open air patio with all the lush greenery surrounding the outdoor area. It provided such a calm and peaceful atmosphere. We started with the flight of fresh squeezed antioxidant juice shots with Goji Berry, Acai Berry, Mangosteen Berry. They also had in house made Kombucha which I love but I went with there Man Candy Mary(Bloody mary with candied bacon!!) It was delicious!! For eats I tried the Soy chorizo Scramble which was out of this world good! I'm from Texas and love the real thing but this was pretty tasty!! It could fool some of the best meat eaters!! My dish came with homemade house potatoes that were super crisp on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside. Top to bottom this place is great! Can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

Had a bit of a wait, people were friendly, nice atmosphere. The food was good, enjoyed the coffee. The breakfast menu was excellent, enjoyed the eggs and potatoes.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

The cafe's ambiance is woodsy, verdant, with charming patios, flowering shrubs and the twinkle of sunlight through the foliage.

Most of their produce is organic and they serve free range chicken eggs. All four of us enjoyed our breakfast plates. The service was friendly. Go and enjoy!

1  Thank BJ K