Lowest prices for your stay
US$78
US$75
Expedia.comUS$78
PricelineUS$78
Lol.travelUS$92
All reviews covered parking presidential suite beautiful historic hotel indoor parking older hotels old world charm hotel built buffalo river plenty of hot water third floor beautiful lobby comfortable bed nice room very nice hotel motorcycle brenda garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2020

I felt like I was in Spain when we spent one night at this hotel. The lobby is really pretty and our room was fine. There is a nice covered front porch where we ate our pizza since most of the restaurants were closed due to Covid 19. There is also covered parking in a garage at no extra charge. Front desk staff was very friendly.

Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed 20 February 2020

This hotel was built in 1929 in the Spanish renaissance style. From the moment we first stepped in the door, the staff were awesome. Brenda at the front desk was so nice and helpful. Yes, our room was not large, but it was plenty big for 2...and the bathroom had plenty of hot water with great water pressure. The room was spotless, and those 1929 plaster walls must be sound proof...I did not hear a sound all night...the very comfy bed helped! I was amazed at all the free channels on the TV. There is a covered parking garage, very unusual for this size hotel in a town the size of Harrison. We loved taking pictures in the hotel and looking at all the pictures and news history articles on the walls about the hotel. This hotel has wonderful old world charm. Our heat would not come on when we first arrived in the room...I called the front desk, Brenda assured me she would either help me get it on over the phone, or change our room...she quickly walked me through how to re-set the thermostat...the heat worked great, and you couldn't hear it turn on/off. At breakfast at first I thought the selection was poor, but the room is so big you have to look around and make sure you find at all the items...I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of hot omelets and sausage...still the one area for improvement would be more breakfast items

Room tip: Rooms toward the end of the hall away from the elevator and ice machines are quieter
Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Les R
Reviewed 21 December 2019

I'm a history teacher. I travel alone quite a bit. With that in mind, I LOVED this hotel. I was driving from Texas to Missouri and wanted a place to stay near my friend's restaurant so when I looked at hotels in Harrison this is the one that caught my eye. I booked the cheapest room because I am by myself for one night and it was just as I expected. I've stayed in many older hotels and many in Europe and it was such a nostalgic experience I am sure I will stay here in the future for the same drive. So here is what I found:
My single queen was small, but that what was what I expected or a hotel built in 1929. I checked in at 11:00 p.m. after driving all day and the nice gentleman at the front desk (I was soooo happy I got the ring the bell or assistance, it was like being in a old movie!) appeared after a few moments and while I was checking in he gave me the history of the place. I loved that, because I just told you I am a history teacher. When he told me it was built in 1929 I said right before the stock market crash, yes? And then he told me about the trouble the hotel has seen and I was fascinated.

When I got to my room I found the cozy, clean room just as I had hoped and expected. The remote on the wall allowed me to adjust the temperature where I liked (I like a cool room) and the bed was comfortable. It did squeak, but I wasn't going to have any amorous relations so that wasn't an issue. The ONLY complaint I have is with the toilet paper dispenser. Every time I went to get some, my elbow hit the little self where the toiletries were located and they fell on the floor. Every. Single. Time. But that is such a petty and minor detail.

Breakfast was typical of any chain hotel and I was sated. They had a waffle maker, assorted breads, omelettes, sausage, juice, assorted cereals, coffee, tea, and some fruit. Not outstanding, but good.

Then I got curious and walked around. Housekeeping had already begun cleaning so room doors were opened and I'm nosy so I walked in. There are may suites where there is a sitting room and a separate bed room. These rooms have refrigerators and separate sinks (outside the bathroom). If I were staying for more nights or with my husband, I would defiantly choose one of those room. The second floor has a room with an ice machine and a microwave for people in the smaller rooms. There is also a very small fitness center and the room with the ice machine even has a desktop computer for guest use. As I walked the hotel I was fascinated by the historical pictures on the wall and the modern paintings. I spent a good twenty minutes just walking the halls looking at things.

The lobby is decorated beautifully for Christmas. All in all, I am glad I chose this for my overnight stay on my way home for Christmas. The wifi is very good and easy to connect to. I connected both my phone and my laptop. The password is provided to you in a slip in your key envelope.

I read a review that criticized the hotel for misrepresent room size, so I hope I have explained that if you want a more spacious room, ask. I didn't need space, I needed a comfortable bed and a bathroom. That is exactly what I got with nice amenities, a good breakfast, in a quaint, historical setting.

Thank you, Hotel Seville. I will be returning.

Room tip: There is an elevator for all three floors and if you want a larger room, be sure to check at the desk.
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank 240leslier
Reviewed 17 December 2019

Everything you read about this hotel's charm, quaintness, etc. is true! Why 3 stars for me is when you look at the pictures, they look like this place has been redone with nice room upgrades and renovated bathrooms. That nice bathroom is only in the Presidential Suite. Hotel, you should label as so. We expected a really nice renovation. It seems there are only a few rooms in the suite-section that are larger. We were thankfully able to swap into one of those. The other comments you read about small and dingy are unfortunately also true. Pick your room carefully and you'll love it. Get the Presidential Suite, if you can!

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 25 November 2019

This hotel is utterly charming. It is on the National Register of Historic places. We were upgraded to a nice large room. Clean, friendly service, nice linens. Great value and charming ambiance. The AC/heaters are finicky and you will probably need help to get them going. Breakfast includes hot food as well as other basics such as juice, pastries, and a waffle maker. Off season, the hotel was nice and quiet. Lots of restaurants etc. nearby.

Date of stay: November 2019