“Real caving experiences”

Hurricane River Cave
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Harrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Currently closed for restoration.
Reviewed November 27, 2016

Guide is great Very knowledgable. Many different types of trips from novice to experienced. Highly recomend.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

I grew up in Harrison, AR and worked at Hurricane River Cave in the 70's. I had a blast driving my little blue Maverick car down the tiny road leading to the cave. Jim Shermerhorn brought the cave back to life in 1968. He bought the property and worked hard at the cave and his convenience store on Hwy 62-65. It was the summer job before my senior year. Unfortunately Jim died right after his dream came true. I worked at both places,

Reviewed April 26, 2016

I went here a few times and love the waterfall and the views inside. I took pictures here that were Amazing.I took family from out of state and they loved the tour,amazing inside. There is also a wild cave tour you can take it is muddy when you crawl but so well worth it.

Reviewed November 29, 2015

Please note that this attraction is currently closed. If you are in Harrison,AR you can go to Mystic and Crystal caves or better yet, head east and go to Blanchard Springs caverns which are very good!

Reviewed November 9, 2015

We had plans to visit here on our way back from a weekend getaway. The sign on the side of Hwy 65 said it was open. I did not realize how far off the highway it was. Maybe 2 plus miles, but it was teeth-jarring all the way. They need to upgrade the road in. Then when we got to the entrance. we found police tape put up across the entire front of the visitor center. No sign or explanation. We finally turned around for the uncomfortable ride back to the highway.

4  Thank johnscotth