“Hurricane River Cave”

Hurricane River Cave
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Harrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Currently closed for restoration.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hurricane River Cave”
Reviewed July 8, 2016

I grew up in Harrison, AR and worked at Hurricane River Cave in the 70's. I had a blast driving my little blue Maverick car down the tiny road leading to the cave. Jim Shermerhorn brought the cave back to life in 1968. He bought the property and worked hard at the cave and his convenience store on Hwy 62-65. It was the summer job before my senior year. Unfortunately Jim died right after his dream came true. I worked at both places,

Visited August 2015

Harrison, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Truly an Experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2016

I went here a few times and love the waterfall and the views inside. I took pictures here that were Amazing.I took family from out of state and they loved the tour,amazing inside. There is also a wild cave tour you can take it is muddy when you crawl but so well worth it.

Visited August 2015
New York
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“This cave was closed when we went by it!”
Reviewed November 29, 2015

Please note that this attraction is currently closed. If you are in Harrison,AR you can go to Mystic and Crystal caves or better yet, head east and go to Blanchard Springs caverns which are very good!

Visited November 2015
Malvern, Arkansas
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Wasn't Even Open”
Reviewed November 9, 2015

We had plans to visit here on our way back from a weekend getaway. The sign on the side of Hwy 65 said it was open. I did not realize how far off the highway it was. Maybe 2 plus miles, but it was teeth-jarring all the way. They need to upgrade the road in. Then when we got to the entrance. we found police tape put up across the entire front of the visitor center. No sign or explanation. We finally turned around for the uncomfortable ride back to the highway.

Visited October 2015
4 Thank johnscotth
Portage la Prairie, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really cool cave”
Reviewed September 21, 2015

We found this cave by accident at 6 in the morning on a Sunday! We weren't sure what we would find when we followed the signs, but it was very neat! The owner was very good to us despite us waking him up so early. He let us tour the caves alone which was so fun. The entrance has a waterfall over it and it's beautiful and the cave was spectacular. The walkways were in need of attention in a few spots but overall it was very nice for a privately owned cave. And the dog was so friendly! Loved the experience!

Visited May 2015