“Truly an Experience”

Hurricane River Cave
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Harrison
More attraction details
Owner description: Currently closed for restoration.
Harrison, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Truly an Experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2016

I went here a few times and love the waterfall and the views inside. I took pictures here that were Amazing.I took family from out of state and they loved the tour,amazing inside. There is also a wild cave tour you can take it is muddy when you crawl but so well worth it.

Visited August 2015

New York
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“This cave was closed when we went by it!”
Reviewed November 29, 2015

Please note that this attraction is currently closed. If you are in Harrison,AR you can go to Mystic and Crystal caves or better yet, head east and go to Blanchard Springs caverns which are very good!

Visited November 2015
Malvern, Arkansas
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Wasn't Even Open”
Reviewed November 9, 2015

We had plans to visit here on our way back from a weekend getaway. The sign on the side of Hwy 65 said it was open. I did not realize how far off the highway it was. Maybe 2 plus miles, but it was teeth-jarring all the way. They need to upgrade the road in. Then when we got to the entrance. we found police tape put up across the entire front of the visitor center. No sign or explanation. We finally turned around for the uncomfortable ride back to the highway.

Visited October 2015
4 Thank johnscotth
Portage la Prairie, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Really cool cave”
Reviewed September 21, 2015

We found this cave by accident at 6 in the morning on a Sunday! We weren't sure what we would find when we followed the signs, but it was very neat! The owner was very good to us despite us waking him up so early. He let us tour the caves alone which was so fun. The entrance has a waterfall over it and it's beautiful and the cave was spectacular. The walkways were in need of attention in a few spots but overall it was very nice for a privately owned cave. And the dog was so friendly! Loved the experience!

Visited May 2015
1 Thank Carly W
La Vista, Nebraska, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Good and the Interesting”
Reviewed July 30, 2015

I had read about this cave being a little less tourist and more adventurist so I was excited to get there. However I also read that owners of the cave recently changed and that prices were not what were listed on Web and tours less formal.

I would like to state that everything I had read was right. There are new owners (sort of). it is actually being run by neighbors who the bank asked to operate it after the owner died.

They are still learning their way around things and are just as frustrated by the out of date website that they have no access to other than the banker.

What they lack in experience they make up for in good old fashioned desire to be kind and tell you about the memories of the area.

Our guide was one of the sons who had been on his job for 4 days. He did a fine jobs leading us through the cave, but did not know much about formations and the such. The good news is I have been caving for 10+ years and love the opportunity to teach my kids. I am fairly sure the guide learned a bit as well. If he reads this he should remember me for this note: when stalactites and stalagmites meet it forms a column.

This is not a bring your grandma and 3 yo type of cave. Most paths are narrow enough you have to walk sideways, and low enough a 5 ft tall person must crouch.

What this cave is: MOSTLY UNTOUCHED BEAUTY!!

Unlike other more commercial caves this is a lost gem. While there is lighting and paths which are being updated as I post, the interior pathways make you feel like you are exploring a cave for the first time. To make it even better they offer cave expeditions which lead you into spaces touched by few, through flooded passages, and crevices tight enough I as a 250+ pound man might find almost painful if not for the joy of exploring.

If you are looking for something to bring some adventure into your life, this is it. I will be back with my teens and we are going to use this as a learning cave for them and a future spelunking trip in caves in South America.

Visited July 2015