4,445 results
All reviews charles river copley place great location heavenly bed river view prudential center newbury street starbucks coffee au bon pain junior suite trinity church corner suite high floor back bay station concierge desk central location great room
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We stayed on the 30th floor, with a "river view" of the Charles. We stayed overnight as we were in town for Billy Joel @ Fenway concert. We parked external to the hotel in order save some $$ (Clarendon St.) and didn't drive anywhere once parked. So many Boston landmarks are within a reasonable walking distance (including Fenway Park). The room was comfortable and functional. We enjoyed the bar in the lobby too. I suggest booking ahead to find your best deal and enjoy the terrific city offerings!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear David S R,

Thank you for the generous rating of our hotel, Westin Copley Place, Boston, an iconic hotel situated in the heart of Back Bay. We are delighted you enjoyed everything we have to offer, including our great rooms. Thanks for the recommendation, and we hope you will come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, good rooms, and location was fantastic. Attentive bar staff and knowledgeable concierge

Main bug point is wi fi

In the hotel lobby it’s free, but in your room it’s $15 a day per device, what a rip off! There were 5 of us so you can imagine the potential for sky high bills, our was $400

Stayed at a few Westin hotels recently (Dublin in June) and they are in my opinion overpriced for what they deliver

As I said, could do better

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear Mark H,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We're pleased knowing your overall stay was satisfactory, and we appreciate knowing where we have room for improvement. We apologize for the inconvenience the costs of wifi caused and we hope this did not overshadow your visit. We will share your feedback with our team and hope you will consider a return visit so we can show you we are devoted to giving each guest a great experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

First time to Boston and spent the week here on business. Hotel staff was top notch and very friendly. We had a banquet our last night here and Rhonda and Lisa C were awesome! It’s been a great trip! Thank you Westin Copley Place!!!

Stayed: August 2018
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear ccurlee,

Thank you for your detailed review and 5-star rating! It's so great to see your comments specific to our staff members. Rhonda and Lisa are definitely favorites of our guests, and we will make sure to recognize their efforts as well. Thanks again for your nice comments, and we look forward to your next stay at Westin Copley Place, Boston.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Sheesh. Well, let’s go through the checklist of things you don’t want from a hotel charging north of $200 a night. It’s the simple things, really. Elevators not work? Check! So many weird elevator incidents for a 5-night stay, and so many more from colleagues staying at the same time. Elevator doors randomly shutting quickly before getting on or while getting off. Elevator doors closing, and then reopening, and then closing, (repeat), until you get so frustrated you just walk down from the 13th floor. And over a 5-night stay, you only use 3 of the 7 elevators. Long waits, of course. You simply don’t believe the concierge who claims that only two of them were not currently working. Toilet not working? Well, it sorta works, once you figure out that you have to jiggle the handle a little bit to keep the water from running constantly, but even then, you know – a lot of shockingly loud flushing action for very little, ahem, material. TV not working? Check! The TV would go into “Accessing” mode when powering up, and sometimes would turn on after 5 seconds (rarely), and sometimes after 5 minutes (usually), and that’s no exaggeration. Little in the way of attention to detail? Check! How many times did we have to call down to ask for replacements of coffee packets, or coffee cups? At least 3 (in a 5-night stay). When noting that the room should be down-free, did the representative pass that info along to housekeeping? Appears not. When colleagues asked for two queens and not a king, was that request even noted? Apparently not. There was a used glass that sat on a table by the elevator for days. Does it matter? Probably not, but there doesn't seem to be enough staff to tidy up the place. Feel like you are being bitten at night? Check! Many colleagues felt as though they were being bitten. It may well be reactions to cleaning materials, or something else, but no one likes to feel itchy and vaguely suspicious about one’s sleeping quarters. Popcorn ceiling? Check! Okay, it’s likely just me who thinks popcorn ceilings look cheap and ugly. But anyway, look: the place is not a dump, and it’s not infested. But for a place charging what they charge? They should be getting a lot more right than they are.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank ccwharram
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear ccwharram,

Thanks for taking the time to evaluate our hotel. We are truly sorry your stay was not the positive experience you deserve. We never want a guest to leave with a negative opinion, and we sincerely apologize for not providing you with optimal amenities and thoughtful service. We hope you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with the hospitality and accommodations you deserve every time you choose us.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I'm always a fan of Westin, as you know what you're getting in most cases. In this case, this Westin was recently redone (the rooms at least), and it definitely showed. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and didn't have many complaints, but I'll go through a few highlights and negatives.

Highlights:

- Fresh, new room. It felt clean, up to date, and comfortable.
- Blackout curtains
- Very quiet. I don't know if it was my room's location, but it was almost dead quiet - so unusual for a hotel and something I loved. I was only on the 8th floor, which worried me at first, but I didn't hear any street noise and only a couple of guests from time to time.
- Friendly staff. Everyone, especially the room service people, were so nice and gracious.
- Location. Right next to Trinity Church and within easy access of the major sites.
- The bed. Oh so comfortable!

Things I didn't like:
- The thermostat. One of the most important things for getting a good night's sleep in a hotel, in my opinion, is a thermostat that works very well and that you can set to run continuously on some sort of fan mode to block out external noise. This thermostat is a new "green" version that switches itself into a "green mode" whenever it hits your desired temperature...which means if the temp goes up, it only reverts to the pre-set green temp. It also shuts off the fan - even though the controls deceptively give you the option for a continuous fan. I thought this was very annoying and unnecessary. Sure, I'll set it to green mode when I'm not sleeping, but for sleep, it needs to be cold and provide white noise. I figured out a way around it on the third night - set it to as low as it will go, and it never really catches up and has the chance to go to green mode. But not sure if this would always work. Westin, please don't let these be your new standard - or fix them so green mode is a choice you can make. There's always the possibility mine was broken, but I think a maintenance guy came and looked at it while I was there, and it didn't make a difference really. OK, that was a tangent on thermostats. :)
The size. This hotel is really huge and just felt a bit impersonal. It definitely didn't give me the feeling of being in Boston. So I guess it depends on what you're looking for.
The room service food. I was here for a conference and regularly had to order room service because of the hours I was forced to keep. The menu was very blah and limited. This is often the case in big brand hotels, but I always hope for more!
The entry-level scent. OK, this is a weird one and not a big deal, obviously, but they were pumping in a scent that didn't seem like the typical Westin one and just felt stale. Maybe they need more fresh air. :)
- The sheets. They felt rough and not heavenly. Not sure why!

While my stay wasn't 100% perfect, it was great and very comfortable. All of the things I mentioned weren't really that big of a deal and didn't impact my stay in a major way. But I always like to point out the things I'd prefer changed. :) Overall, I would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Higher up equals better views!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear CTGirl2013,

Thank you for being loyal to our brand and taking the time to tell us about your experience at Westin Copley Place, Boston. We are happy your overall stay was good, but we want it to be perfect. We always want to exceed the expectations of our guests, and we genuinely apologize for not doing so during your time with us. Thanks for choosing our hotel, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you for the perfect stay you deserve.