“Tasty Vietnamese food”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Great little Vietnamese restaurant in Dorchester. They also have a small parking lot as not many spots on Dorchester Ave. I have had PHO Tai (beef soup with noodles) Bun Thit Bo Nuong (grilled sliced beef & vermicelli), Lobster sauteed with scallions & the spicy shrimp sauteed with house sauce, sliced onions & roasted peanuts. All were great & good portions. Will be back for more good food.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

My wife and I were traveling though Boston and made a detour to this restaurant just because of their soups. We found it back in April while attending a local trade show and remember we ate there 3 nights out of 6. I love Pho and always search for it when traveling and this is the best I have tried in the last 2 years and the only placd I have found the sliced beef coming as a side rather than already in the soup. Quantity of ingredients is enourmous, fresh while price is more than fair. We plan to stop in at every occasion we drive through the city.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

I was treated to lunch at this wonderful place on the Fourth of July by a Vietnamese friend's mom. This restaurant has a huge following for good reasons. There were 5 of us for lunch and we shared appetizers including combination lettuce wraps: grilled mint beef, onion beef, and pork meatballs; a Vietnamese shrimp and pork crepe with a generous side of green leaf vegetables and sweet fish sauce (this is a large appetizer!); and Pho - soup. My main dish of lemongrass stir fried shrimp with snow peas, broccoli, peppers, onions with rice was excellent. Grilled chicken (so delicious) with egg roll and rice was another great main dish. The taro smoothie (made with taro - a sweet fruit - milk, and ice) was unbelievable and tasted like a cookie! The menu is online with English translations. Make your way to this place and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

Situation in the heart of Chinatown, this place was very busy and it is easy to see why. Tremendous offerings on the menu and something I had never seen before in a Vietnamese restaurant was a tomato based soup stock for a pho dish.

I have eaten Pho all over the world, including in Vietnam and a tomato based soups stock was something I had to order having never seen it before. It was really good.

My wife chose a chicken dish served in clay pot on a bed of rice and it too was really good.

You cannot go wrong eating here.

The wait staff was exceptionally friendly, nice, attentive and good.

Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

I visited this restaurant when I was in Boston in May for take out. We were actually surprised it was open, as it was a holiday, but they were, we went in, looked over the extensive menu they have, and placed an order. I ordered the traditional chicken pho soup, my friend had pepper steak.

The soup was good, I got a small, but it was more then enough. They gave plenty of veggies and spices to mix in it, way more then I could eat. The flavor was very good. I know my friend enjoyed his, as he ate the whole thing, but not before giving me a bite, and I actually had the bite even though I do not typically eat beef. It was good though, nice and tender, but fully cooked. The peppers were also good.

The place itself appeared clean, and well taken care of. The staff was pleasant and quick with the food.

I would definitely visit this restaurant again when I visit Boston!