“Excellent coffee, tiny space, great find 👍”
Review of Boston Brewin Coffee - CLOSED

Boston Brewin Coffee
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Boston Brewin Coffee Co.’s goal is to prosper on a unique, branded value proposition we call “PAY IT 4WARD.” The model’s name derives from the concept of supporting all arms of the coffee business - buying 100% fairly traded beans from the world's very first completely organic coffee roaster who uses profits to build and maintain libraries in Guatemala, socially driven wholesale vendors - such as Haley House Bakery Cafe, and the paying of living wages with health insurance. Even more powerful to the brand is the creation of an independent social enterprise model and the commitment to Pay It 4ward and sharing ownership between individuals and a vital non-profit in the city of Boston.
Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Parker House just around the corner from Boston Brewin (clever name!). After my morning run, I stopped in at this *tiny* cafe - well, calling it a “cafe” is generous because there’s no seating and it’s overcrowded feeling with any more than about 5 people inside. I’d found positive reviews on Yelp (not many yet on TA?) the night before and thought I’d check it out. Centrally located, it’s just a few doors off Tremont St just east of Boston Common.

VERY glad I went - the dark roast coffee (“Stanley” size) was chocolate-y and mellow, perfect without cream or sugar. There’s a variety of mocha/latte/espresso drinks, hot or iced. There’s a small case of pastries and breakfast sandwiches. If you’re a carnivore - do “The Big Papi”...stacked bacon, sausage and egg with melted cheese on an English muffin. Deee-licious and filling! David Ortiz would be proud!

Unfortunately, I couldn’t return for a second visit on my last day in Boston—- but I’ll definitely return on my next trip.
Nice job, BB!

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed 28 October 2017

The baristas here are the friendliest people! While the coffee is different to what my Australian taste is used to, the service was great and reason enough to visit. I left in such a good mood after getting a cup of coffee on my first morning in Boston. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped at Boston Brewin because of Tom and ended up visiting for quite some time! Not only was the coffee delicious, the baristas were awesome! Thank you! We'll be back!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Boston Brewin is a tiny shop, near Park Street station. The staff is really friendly and enthusiastic about coffee. What they lack in size, they make up for in quality and value. The owner's goal is to deliver a superior coffee, from organic, fair-trade, ethically sourced beans, without charging more than the big chains.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Arrived in Boston on a Saturday & on our first wander found them around the corner from our hotel. They're closed on the weekends, but we could tell by looking in the window that it was a coffee joint that made real coffee for folks who want an authentic cuppa joe! Well worth the wait... bought coffee from them every morning & ended up buying 3# to take home. Wishing I'd bought the mug, too :)

Date of visit: August 2016