“Friendliest service”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Boston Brewin Coffee Co.’s goal is to prosper on a unique, branded value proposition we call “PAY IT 4WARD.” The model’s name derives from the concept of supporting all arms of the coffee business - buying 100% fairly traded beans from the world's very first completely organic coffee roaster who uses profits to build and maintain libraries in Guatemala, socially driven wholesale vendors - such as Haley House Bakery Cafe, and the paying of living wages with health insurance. Even more powerful to the brand is the creation of an independent social enterprise model and the commitment to Pay It 4ward and sharing ownership between individuals and a vital non-profit in the city of Boston.
Reviewed 28 October 2017

The baristas here are the friendliest people! While the coffee is different to what my Australian taste is used to, the service was great and reason enough to visit. I left in such a good mood after getting a cup of coffee on my first morning in Boston. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped at Boston Brewin because of Tom and ended up visiting for quite some time! Not only was the coffee delicious, the baristas were awesome! Thank you! We'll be back!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Boston Brewin is a tiny shop, near Park Street station. The staff is really friendly and enthusiastic about coffee. What they lack in size, they make up for in quality and value. The owner's goal is to deliver a superior coffee, from organic, fair-trade, ethically sourced beans, without charging more than the big chains.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Arrived in Boston on a Saturday & on our first wander found them around the corner from our hotel. They're closed on the weekends, but we could tell by looking in the window that it was a coffee joint that made real coffee for folks who want an authentic cuppa joe! Well worth the wait... bought coffee from them every morning & ended up buying 3# to take home. Wishing I'd bought the mug, too :)

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Just off Tremont tucked down near the Commons is a real find for coffee lovers worth searching out. Tiny place (no seating is only reason not 5 stars). Lots of delicious organic coffee in this small package. Best customer service I've had in Boston over 25 years of travel there. By my 2nd trip in, owner called me by name & knew my order! Delicious hot or iced with fast delivery. Street window too if you're really in a hurry. Skip the nearby chains & pass right by the pretend coffee shop run by a bar at a nearby corner. Check out this one of a kind, only in Boston, treat for real coffee on the move. I am picky about my coffee & I hit them up 5 times during a one week business trip. Oh & ask for a sticker...cool logo same as sign outside.

Date of visit: July 2016