“Great grab & go for actual coffee drinkers”
Review of Boston Brewin Coffee - CLOSED

Boston Brewin Coffee
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Boston Brewin Coffee Co.’s goal is to prosper on a unique, branded value proposition we call “PAY IT 4WARD.” The model’s name derives from the concept of supporting all arms of the coffee business - buying 100% fairly traded beans from the world's very first completely organic coffee roaster who uses profits to build and maintain libraries in Guatemala, socially driven wholesale vendors - such as Haley House Bakery Cafe, and the paying of living wages with health insurance. Even more powerful to the brand is the creation of an independent social enterprise model and the commitment to Pay It 4ward and sharing ownership between individuals and a vital non-profit in the city of Boston.
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Just off Tremont tucked down near the Commons is a real find for coffee lovers worth searching out. Tiny place (no seating is only reason not 5 stars). Lots of delicious organic coffee in this small package. Best customer service I've had in Boston over 25 years of travel there. By my 2nd trip in, owner called me by name & knew my order! Delicious hot or iced with fast delivery. Street window too if you're really in a hurry. Skip the nearby chains & pass right by the pretend coffee shop run by a bar at a nearby corner. Check out this one of a kind, only in Boston, treat for real coffee on the move. I am picky about my coffee & I hit them up 5 times during a one week business trip. Oh & ask for a sticker...cool logo same as sign outside.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

If you're a coffee lover, definitely pay Boston Brewin a visit when you're in Boston! This place made me fall in love with coffee. Their coffee is delicious (and organic) - I am partial to the iced coffee with a shot of vanilla flavor but everything I've tried is great. The pastries are so yummy and if they have sandwiches available (breakfast or lunch), definitely snatch one up. The employees are very friendly and the business is mission-driven to support the community while paying a fair wage. It is a very tiny shop; it's easy to miss but worth looking for. As of this writing, I believe they are a Monday through Friday operation. Purchase a bag of ground coffee to go - if you like iced coffee, they will blend their mixture up for you and it is amazing to make at home!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

I looked this up as its close to my hotel, and the coffee is top notch, the staff is uber friendly, and they work as not-for-profit to support charities to make the world a better place. Rock on!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Great local alternative to the big chains that gives back to the community. Plus a fantastic Americano this morning too! Tom is a super nice guy...it's all good!!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We tried go here this past weekend and it was closed Saturday and Sunday. When I looked at the website I couldn't find anything about the hours. I was disappointed because it seemed like it would have been really good!

Date of visit: June 2014