“Great find!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My son and I found this local gem on TripAdvisor. The food was pretty good. By the looks of what everyone else was eating, breakfast food is the best. I had the bacon and egg sandwich, and my son had their burger. Both were excellent. Most people in the restaurant appeared to have ordered their waffles or Eggs Benedict. Very small place, so you have to catch it at the right time. Parking is very difficult, so I would strongly suggest taking an Uber or train here. Neat area with lots of places to go, especially restaurants.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick lunch - we had burgers and it was just fine ...we enjoyed the local atmosphere and comfort food .

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a good place to start the start the day and followed TA reviews for breakfast.

First impression walking in: small, cozy, perfect kind of small joint.... weren't we in for a surprise.

We were 3 but there wasn't enough room at first, but a customer offered to scoot over. A+... for Bostonians, not the resto.

A table was free a minute later and we were ready to order.

Staffing:
Very nice waitresses, quick and smily

Food:
Worst "canadian bacon" ever.... or very good lard if it was advertised as such.

Eggs were good (ok, we don't need a law degree to make eggs).

Toasts: we were offered rye or wheat. Can't say which one we good. Soaking in butter/margarine...

Crepes: it was ok, but destroyed by so-called table sirup. It was oozy, lacking sugar taste....

Coffee: aweful... or very good dirty water if advertised as such.

So yes, my first "terrible" review, first disappointment when trusting Trip Advisor top 10 recommendation.

I'm sure I can find much better breakfast joints. Boston is such a nice place, I only need to go back and search a little more.

B.

1  Thank Bruno C
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Pleasent and informal place were you can eat any different kind of breakfast you can think of. Very few tiny tables , one just next to the other, often crowded. Average Food quality, very friendly service.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

(FYI this is my first really bad review since I'm a trip advisor user)

Really tiny place but that's not the issue at all!

Service is A1, nothing to say there. Lovely people, all of them!

Food...wow...not in a good way trust me. Please change your menu description, this is not canadian bacon at all!!!
Toasts are soaked in (not even sure) butter
Syrup on the table is not good at all even if it's not real maple syrup, there's a minimum standard and it's not met.
Coffee isn't good either.

cash only!

I certainly do not recommend this place for breakfast!