“Awful”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Ave.
Transit: Aquarium Station (Blueline)
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods - really fresh fish. Enjoy ocean-side dining just steps from the New England Aquarium. Our restaurant couldn't be more convenient to the Financial District, Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall and waterfront hotels. We think a visit to Boston must include a meal at Legal Sea Foods. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there's no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We've received a boatload of accolades including "Most Popular Boston Restaurant" (Zagat, 2011/2012), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Improper Bostonian, 2010), "Best Chowder" (Boston Magazine, 2010), "Best Seafood Restaurant" (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We visited this restaurant while in Boston and OMG it was SOOOOOOO bad!!! We went into it knowing that it is touristy in Boston, but it was conveniently located and we have had decent food at the LSF where we live (DC). To start with it smelled overwhelmingly like some chemical or maybe paint when we walked in. We got seated fairly quickly but that is the only good thing that happened. The service was slow slow slow, there was no ice in my iced tea and I couldn't get a waiter's attention to bring me some, and the restaurant should have been embarrassed to serve us our food. My husband got a Mediterranean salad that was iceberg lettuce, tons of feta cheese, and a total of about 4 kalamata olives that were cut up in such tiny little bits that we all had to laugh. I had a mediocre lobster roll and my son had a mediocre hamburger. We allowed ourselves over an hour to eat lunch, but because of the slow slow slow service we were late to an appointment. I would never go back to this particular LSF and I really don't think I will ever go back to any of their other locations either.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,391)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I usually try to avoid chain restaurants, but Legal Seafood has the formula down. Their lobster rolls and crab rolls are excellent. I went to Legal Seafood at the Boston Airport to grab a quick meal and found service and food quality excellent. This is a chain worth going to.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

You'll love Legal Sea Food Restaurant - the food is soooo fresh, the chowder outstanding and the fish tastes like it came from the ocean to your plate. Try the mussel's au gratin - it's special also. The help is outstanding and you never feel rushed to finish your meal. It is the best of Boston.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First time back in many years. Had always rated this our favourite restaurant. Unfortunately it has changed. The enthusiasm, knowledge and theatre the wait staff brought to the experience just was not there this time. Perhaps this was a one-off. The food though was not quite as good either. Nice but not at those prices

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited with family and we had a wonderful time. The food is excellent. The service is super good. The restaurant looks great. If you love seafood this is absolutely top-notch. I am the solo vegetarian member of my extended family but I went in with eyes open. Options are limited but restaurant will modify some things

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!