“Better the first time”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

My second time coming here. The biscuits and butter are as great as ever. The chicken, not so much, kind of on the bland side for fried chicken. The beans were good, broccoli casserole was good. I tried my friends mac and cheese, it was blah (needs more cheese, flavor)

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (661)

Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

In my opinion, at least one visit to Sweet Cheeks Q is a must. I found this restaurant by accident on my first trip to Boston years ago and try to make it there at least once every time I come back! Their biscuits with honey butter are a must along with their fried okra. I also really like the brisket.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank jessieeritter
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

I ordered for a pickup. My dinner was packaged like a real dinner. The food was amazing and the whopper cake was the best! Amazing BBQ here.

Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

Went on a late Saturday afternoon. Saw the great reviews and felt the prices were for for the location and the portions. Took at look at the chicken on another diners plate and it looked delicious. Of course looks can be deceiving. It had absolutely no flavor and the crisp skin fell off the chicken. Ate a drumstick with a knife and fork and threw out the rest. Also, I don't know what kind of cheese they use, but it tasted like mold. Maybe ok for a chessboard, but not for mac and cheese. The highlight was DEFINITELY the biscuits and honey butter.

Reviewed 16 February 2020

Southern barbecue is not native to Boston, and as the colleague who brought me here noted, this is as good as it gets - but don't forget the fried chicken! Fantastic beers list, adequate wine choices. Good value too.

1  Thank MarkHud