“Best Hotpot”

Ranked #48 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Welcome To The Q Restaurant. Here, You Will Find Selections Of Chinese, Japanese, And Thai Cuisine. Our Most Special Is The Mongolian Hot Pot, Which Has Become A Trend All Over The World. Our Goal At Q Is To Exceed All Of Your Service And Dining Experience Expectations.
Reviewed 30 June 2017

This is the 2nd time I tried hotpot but this is the BEST! The staff was very helpful in helping us order the right combination and that is good for everyone. The meat is tender and all the right combination including veggies is perfect. If I will come back to Boston, I will return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

It was a very nice hot pot restaurant and had a lot of variety. However, it's famous for its Mongolian Hot Pot which just tasted like any other hot pot to me. That was a disappointment. They also had a lot of inedible spices inside the hot pot which was extremely annoying to pick out, especially the brown seed things. The sauce options were limited and basic. Overall, it was a good restaurant but nothing special.

1  Thank tinyperson729
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This place is quite busy in the heart of Boston Chinatown. The service was probably the only thing that stopped me from giving this a 5 start rating. But the food was on point! Don't be scared to order the hot pot....it's worth it!! We had the Mala and a Veggie broth base. The mala was amazing, however, there is something in this broth that if you chew it, it leaves this VERY powerful tangy feel in your mouth that you cannot get rid of!! Ask the waiter about it. But they give you this spread of condiments to add in, and your meat comes raw and fresh on a platter ready to throw into the pot while it cooks at your table.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

We have returned to this place each trip we make to Boston (about twice a year) and we love it! My husband and I always order the Ying Yang hot pot, this way we can try two different broths! Definitely get their spicy broth, it does not disappoint. It is a fun experience and a great meal.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

When I tell you we are regulars at Q, I literally mean we go (at least) once a week for hotpot. Their other food looks great and their menu is HUGE and probably awesome, but we've only ever had hotpot.

So here's the deal. Pick your broth, pick your meats, veggies, sides, literally anything you want to put in a soup they probably have. Add as you go. Enjoy.

We had one awful experience and even that didn't deter us from coming back. We will always be loyal to what we consider to be the best hotpot in Boston! The staff is wonderful and very knowledgeable. They don't take reservations but you can do "call ahead" to put your name on the list and then check in when you get there, but not sure that really saves you much time. There is almost always a wait and for good reason, Q is great! They also validate parking for the garage next door so there's no excuse not to come here!