4 people are viewing this hotel
Skyscanner.com
₱14,651
Chris_W_NOVA
Washington DC, District of Columbia

Central location to most destinations.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 19, 2024via mobile
Good location within walking distance to the Theater District, Chinatown, Boston Common, and the Freedom Trail. In the heart of the Tufts Medical Center so don’t be surprised by hearing an ambulance or two during the night. A convivial atmosphere in the bar/restaurant/reception area most evenings. In my opinion, better suited for business travelers and couples rather than families. Overall a good choice for a short trip to Boston.
Date of stay: March 2024
Room Tip: Next to medical center so don’t be afraid of the sirens. Not many restaurants nearby-walk or take...
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    ₱18,462
2.7 km from DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
View more hotels in Boston
2,282 results
All reviews tufts medical center double tree front desk warm cookies orange line the theater district subway stop walking distance freedom trail valet parking easy access south station ymca starbucks sirens uber
Selected filters
Reviewed March 14, 2024 via mobile

We enjoyed our day. Room was nice but, needs to be updated. Tiffany at the restaurant was lovely and looked after us. I wasn’t expecting that she was on her own especially with room service. I’m F&B duty manager in Ireland. There should be 2 staff on the floor along with room service. It would make her working life easier to have extra staff on duty at the same time as it’s busy during the evening. But it was a lovely stay.

Room tip: Extra staff
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2024

It is in Chinatown. Good proximity to the colleges we visited and tourist attractions. A homeless Guy when we first arrived was acting a bit weird but it didnt bother us. The hotel is in the heart of a major city so it's not anything I haven't seen. We booked here since the trolley was accessible. However, there was service disruption on the green line so we drove to our destinations anyway.

I wouldn't suggest coming in late like after 9 pm to the location. I felt safe since key is required to use elevator. The entrance to the hotel is locked after certain time and requires a card key/buzzer from desk. Lobby was nice. Starbucks is downstairs. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was amazing. Valet is $63 and can come and go w/o an addtl charge for day.

Drainage in the shower was an issue. It's an older hotel but the rooms are fine. Hotel is clean so I give that 4 stars.. Courteous staff enjoyed my stay. The pool I think is connected and I believe is part of the YMCA. I would call to ask.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 472bcri
Reviewed February 23, 2024

This location is great! They are off the Tufts Medical Center Orange Line exit. The Green Line is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Chinatown is near by. There's a Starbucks on the street level and valet is $59. Take the SL4 to go to South Station if you're going back to the airport.

Checking in was okay. My room wasn't ready because I arrived very early. I was able to leave my suitcase with the hotel until my room was ready. The staff was pleasant and welcoming.

There is the Wisteria restaurant and a bar on the property. They have a fitness center and small courtyard. I didn't have the opportunity to, but you can visit the YMCA next door as long as you areas staying at DoubleTree. There is a convenience store right before you get to the elevators.

The hotel property was clean and the room was clean. I stayed in a two-bed room and the beds were pretty small, but very comfortable. I loved the big pillows on the bed. The room comes with a small refrigerator and microwave. I'd love to stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
jacquilyn fabro, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2024

Dear Kisssmee,

Thank you for taking the time to share us your kind feedback. We are pleased to hear that you'd love to stay with us again. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of Boston, and it is very convenient to get around. With many amenities the hotel has to offer, we are very delighted to hear that your stay was comfortable. Our staff especially our housekeeping does a great job with ensuring cleanliness is a top priority. We hope you come back to visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed February 14, 2024

I booked this hotel on Expedia for 160 dollars which to begin with is a pretty steep price for a Tuesday night but I needed it for an emergency. I expect to pay THAT PRICE and when I got there was informed that I would be paying nearly double for hidden fees I was not aware of including one for PARKING when I didn't even drive or park! The front desk girl was rude and snarky and acted like I was some kind of Karen for being logically frustrated that I was being charged double than what I had agreed to including for something I was not using. And then the room was mediocre at best and had possibly the worst mattress and pillows I have ever slept on or didn't sleep on because of how incredibly uncomfortable I was. I am fighting a migraine today from the terrible pillows. I've slept on Target pillows that are better than whatever those are. There was a huge wad of toilet paper in the toilet when I first arrived as well and those same housekeepers were loudly banging on my door around 8am bothering me. The whole experience was possibly one of the worst I've had in a hotel. Terrible service, terrible room, horrifying price. Do NOT stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank NorthStar427003
jacquilyn fabro, Guest Services / Front Office at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2024

Hi NorthStar427003,

Your feedback is very important to us and we are sorry to hear of this experience. At DoubleTree we strive to work with each of our guest to ensure a satisfactory stay. We'd like to follow up with you directly so that we may learn more about your recent stay with us and address and resolve the concerns you provided effectively. Please feel free to reach out to me 617-956-7900 ext 0. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed February 11, 2024

I am seriously disappointed in the service. I don't want to use RACE as a card but I was not treated the same as everyone else at the bar. This is my first time at the hotel bar and I was going to check in for a 3 Day stay. After the poor service even after giving a tip. I don't recommend eating from them.

When I got my food there were sides missing. I asked for the sides and whenever I had a question I got cut off. I decided I wanted to closed my tab and pack up my food myself . The bartender took the food to the back and tossed the food without the sauce in an EXTRA LARGE BOX and EXTRA LARGE BAG. That was a waste of my time and money. SMH

I would hate for my room service to come from the same kitchen.

I stayed here 5 times before but never ordered room service. I also referred 40+ people from the local conference. Not sure I will be doing that again...

Room tip: Dont eat at the hotel. The food isn't worth eating and if you are not white you may not get good service.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear J8764RGdl

Thank you for taking the time to share us your feedback. We are very dissapointed to hear that our restaurant service were not up to standards as expected. Please know that we have addressed your concern with our food and beverage management to ensure a better service next time as they usually were.

Your comment is really important to us and we hope you give us another opportunity to host you in the near future.