3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$275
Priceline$275
Hotels.com$275
Preferred Hotels$275
Travelocity$275
Trip.com$297
2,039 results
All reviews newbury street harvard club french doors upgraded to a suite fenway park mass ave one bedroom suite charming hotel sitting room living area mini bar turn down service the location is perfect favorite hotel charles river valet parking love this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed September 26, 2022 via mobile

Firstly, if you are travelling with luggage (suitcases) and flying into Logan airport, then don’t take the T train to the hotel. Best to get taxi or Uber. After an horrendous journey on the T from the airport, it was lovely walking into a clean, cool reception. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. I had requested a high floor quiet room and that was exactly what we got. The room was spacious enough and we had two very comfortable queen sized beds.
The hotel is situated a bit away from the main attractions but it was easy enough to navigate the T. However, it is in walking distance to Fenway Park so perfect if going to a match.
For me, the hotel was let down a bit by housekeeping. Our bathroom, especially the toilet, wasn’t cleaned for the 4 days we were there. Fresh towels were left and the bin emptied, but that was about it. Also, despite reading other reviews etc. I’d missed that the hotel was ‘pet friendly’ and we regularly met dogs of all sizes in the lobby. I did ask if dogs are all on the same floor, but it seems they can be accommodated in any room. I was also told that if you have an allergy then you can contact the hotel and they will make sure that you will be allocated a room where there hasn’t been a dog for a few days before your visit.
We enjoyed our stay but would probably choose a different hotel for our next visit to Boston.

Room tip: If you suffer with pet allergies, contact the hotel before your visit
Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Joseph P, Guest Services / Front Office at The Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2022

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review their stay and for the kind praise for our location and staff. I apologize, however, for the guest's experience with Housekeeping services. It is quite perplexing because the hotel has won awards for our excellence in Housekeeping services. There are very specific protocols which include bathrooms being fully cleaned each day. We are investigating why the protocols appear to have not been realized. It is true that the hotel is pet friendly. It is not uncommon for the hotel to have 2 or 3 dogs each week, (out of 95 rooms.) The vast majority of guests find our pet-friendly policy to be a positive feature of the hotel. We do, however, recognize that some guests may have allergies or not appreciate pets in the hotel. We do maintain records of rooms that have and have not had pets and some rooms are not reserved for guests with pets so we can maintain our hypoallergenic options that are necessary for some guests. I regret that the Eliot was not the perfect match for this guest but hope we might have the pleasure to try again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2022

We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was really well appointed and had everything you would expect in a quality hotel. The welcome and service was very friendly and much more personable than your average city hotel. We really enjoyed our stay there and would highly recommend it.

The Eliot is in a great area in Back Bay. The subway is only one block away to get into downtown, but I'd recommend at least once walking in along Commonwealth Avenue with it's lovely 'Brownstone' apartment blocks - it's about a mile or so to the Boston Public Gardens and then on through there to Boston Common. The location is also good for restaurants and shops - you're spoilt for choice on Newbury Street which runs parallel to Commonwealth Avenue.

Date of stay: September 2022
Joseph P, Guest Services / Front Office at The Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2022

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review his stay and for the stellar rating, and appreciate the praise for the Eliot's "great service and perfect location." The Eliot is, indeed, ideally located. Situated on park-like Commonwealth Avenue in Boston's elegant Back Bay, the hotel is also super-convenient to so many of Boston's remarkable resources which lie just steps outside our front door. I'm delighted this guest was able to explore our beautiful and historic Victorian neighborhood that contributed to his positive stay. It will be my pleasure to welcome him back once again.

Reviewed September 21, 2022

Eliot is very well located with charming, well-appointed rooms. But it is the courtesy and exceptional service of the staff that really distinguishes it. Breakfast is very good and a good value at about $18.

Date of stay: September 2022

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and for the wonderful rating. As a hotel dedicated to providing personalized service, our genuinely caring and friendly staff take pride in ensuring our guests are well cared for. I'm delighted this was evident to this guest and helped create such an exceptional stay. It will certainly be ,my pleasure to welcome her back once agin.

Reviewed September 13, 2022

We can't say enough about this hotel. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. We love the location and the ambiance of the hotel. The Uni restaurant is the best Sushi and we look forward to going every time we visit. Cant wait to go back!

Date of stay: September 2022
Joseph P, Guest Services / Front Office at The Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2022

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review her stay and for the high rating! Our friendly and genuinely caring staff is dedicated to personalized service and ensures our guests are well cared for. I 'm grateful for this guest's "best customer service" praise and am always honored to welcome back members of our family of repeat guests. It will be my pleasure to welcome this guest back once again to their "home" in Boston.

Reviewed September 12, 2022 via mobile

Beautiful, classic and elegant property. Clean and pretty comfortable suite. Top notch service.

The bathroom was sort of interesting. I will share that the toilet was smallish and VERY close to the wall. Additionally, the bathtub was sort of small and very slippery. But I’m a 3X guy so…

The Continental breakfast served in their restaurant, Uni, was just ok… although we did get down there somewhat late each day. It did serve its purpose.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family

I wish to thank this guest for taking the time to review his stay and for the high rating! Its gratifying to know this guest had such a positive stay experience. It's true that the bathrooms in the hotel tend to be of a smaller size. It is a product of the hotel's 1920's architecture. But we have had the opportunity to expand the size of more than 60% of the hotel's bathrooms, so prospective guests for whom a larger bathroom is important may just inform us in advance of their stay and we will do our best to reserve the appropriate sized suite. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming this guest back once again.