“South Slope Super Brew”
Review of Catawba Brewery

Catawba Brewery
Ranked #35 of 200 things to do in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Catawba Brewing Company is one of Western North Carolina's oldest breweries. Brewed and packaged in Morganton, NC; this February of 2014 we opened our first Asheville tasting room. With up to 14 Catawba craft beers on tap, Catawba has the charm of a small warehouse tasting room, but with the smooth touches of a more established brewery. Our tasting room has two roll-up garage doors that open in good weather, and a large number of tables and bar seats for beer lovers. Dog and kid friendly. We feature the small batches brewed on our 7bbl system on Asheville's south slope location. Stop in and visit us soon. Cheers!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Catabwa South Slope Super Brew
I’m going to preface my Asheville brewery reviews with a brief personal note. I’ve been drinking beer for near 60 years. My first draft beer was Michelob in 1962. Both beer and my tastes have come a long way from then. I have eclectic tastes but tend to seek outstanding traditional types. My reviews will reflect that preference.
We stopped at the Banks St location to sample. Huge selection of varied flavors and types. From a Mexican Lager to Peanut Butter and Jelly Brown Ale they want to brew everything. Roomy, not noisy, and friendly atmosphere definitely worth the walk from downtown.

All reviews
"south slope"
in 8 reviews
"biltmore village"
in 13 reviews
"peanut butter and jelly"
in 4 reviews
in 53 reviews
"breweries"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Asheville...I swear, if it's got roll up doors, a beat up floor, and furnished by Goodwill, people flock. If you want great beer + don't want to stick to your seat, this is your place. Tons of room inside and out and CLEAN! The beer line is the only weakness and a huge one on a Saturday. I don't know why places try and get away with as few people as they can, if I have to wait, I'll generally go elsewhere, but cleanliness is next to unheard of in Asheville. Give this place a try!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Really enjoyed visiting this brewery which is connected by a lobby to the Buxton Hall Barbecue place. Tried their "pbj" beer--yes, peanut butter & jelly! Very dog friendly, so be forewarned, we had to step past several very large animals to get to a table. They have soda for those under-age or not interested in drinking alcohol.

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

There are so many great breweries on Asheville's South Slope. Catawba is a secret gem that doesn't get enough love. Plenty of room to stretch out and some really great beers. We got a terrific flight including the barrel aged Scotch ale. Make sure you catch this one during your beer tour. It's right in the middle of everything.