“Busy breakfast place!”
Review of Early Girl Eatery

Early Girl Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Early Girl Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I went for breakfast. She had the eggs Benedict on fried green tomatoes and it was very good. I had the eggs scrambled with house made sausage and yams and I was not impressed. Sausage was spiced kind of funny. Does not look very appetizing when served. Server was slow on drink refills. Not sure why all the great reviews as it was just average to us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,861)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived when the restaurant opened and were greeted and seated quickly, breakfast was very good and filling! Glad we got there when it opened, there was a waiting line when we left.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our second visit to Early Girl on our annual girl's weekend trip to Asheville. We actually ended up there because we knew it was good from our 2017 trip and because they were one of the few places open after 2PM but before 5PM on a Sunday.

I had the club that was on the specials menu for the day and it was really good. Huge thick slices of turkey that made a sandwich that was definitely large enough to share. One friend had breakfast (eggs, potatoes, bacon, and a biscuit), another had the grilled pimento cheese sandwich which I had on our last trip. It's very good. If you like pimento cheese, I would recommend it. Another had the Smiling Hara Sandwich which I sampled. The chipotle maple tempeh was so good. It's on my list for our next visit.

At the time we arrived, there was hardly anyone in the restaurant which meant we got in and out quickly. Our server was good, maybe a little tired from the day, but he took great care of us.

Notes for first time visitors:
- Early Girl is kind of small, so it's get packed in the mornings. So, go early if you don't want to wait.
- The atmosphere is fun, but loud when it's busy. I love places like that, but if you don't, this might not be your kind of place.
- The regular menu is great, but so are the specials. We've never had anything bad off either.
- Don't forget the spoon with the key by the door when you go to the restroom. The restroom is down the hall, you have to have they key to get in it, and must twist the lock to get out of it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came on Saturday morning around 9 am for brunch and the line was out the door with a wait of an hour and a half. We decided not to wait that long and went elsewhere. We returned the next day for dinner, which was Easter Sunday. My sister in law's mac and cheese was cold, my fries were not done inside, our broccoli cheddar hush puppies were burned. The rest of the food was just okay. If you are going to go, eat breakfast. I will not be back.

JessonGil, Owner at Early Girl Eatery, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I am very sorry about your dinner experience. I will follow up with the kitchen staff and kitchen manager. Regardless if it is a holiday or a regular business day, we pride ourselves on great food. I cannot stress how sorry I am.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A favorite among locals, this is the kind of unpretentious, reliably delicious food that makes the Asheville food scene amazing. The atmosphere is welcoming and inclusive, as is the menu. Whether you love bacon or eat vegan, there's something excellent here for you!