“Totally delish”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This place deserves all of the praise it gets. I had the country ham biscuit. It was so good and the jelly’s and jams on the buffet were so good. My favorite was the raspberry. The bananas foster was actually surprisingly good too. The mango was HOT and I kind of liked that, too. The only thing I’d like was more gravy. It came in a tiny little bowl on the side. Wah wah. We will return for sure. There was a pretty long wait and it was on a Wednesday morning. It gives you a chance to see what the people outside have ordered. This was our first visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I came here because BH's website touts a GF muffin, but they are very careful to advise GF patrons that the environment is not really and truly GF. Still, this northern biscuit lover couldn't resist trying a GF biscuit, though I was glad they advised me that the country ham involves flour. Settled on cheese eggs to go with my biscuit plus a little taste of redeye gravy (Is it really made with coffee? There's certainly no flour in it!) The eggs were served in a cup and were very dense with melted cheese on top. Loved the jelly & butter bar, though some varieties were a bit peculiar. My husband was quite put off by the line, the crowd and the smell of the restaurant - not much ventilation from the kitchen. Still, he liked the brisket biscuit. Large portions.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Fun atmosphere, service and food very good. Kind of a cool, organic restaurant with an old-fashioned hippy feel. Biscuits were enormous and fresh, but all the breakfast items we had were cooked to order and delicious. Huge variety of fruit preserves that were incredible! Small place and it fills up fast!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We waited in line about 15-20 minutes to order then about 10 minutes for our food. The staff was very nice and handled a busy morning very well. We got menues while waiting in line so that we knew what we wanted before we got to the counter to order. The classic biscuit egg and cheese sandwich was delicious and not greasy. The rest of my group loved their food as well, you really can't go wrong with so many options to put on a delicious biscuit. They have a large variety of jams and specialty butters to put on a plain biscuit. Next time in Asheville, we will be back!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

They're both great options, and it's nice that they're within walking distance of each other if one is too crowded!