“The cheek, the nerve, the gall, the audacity and the gumption.”
Review of Oriental Pavillion

Oriental Pavillion
Get food delivered
Ranked #635 of 735 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was probably one of Oriental Pavilion’s most loyal customers up until this afternoon. I called to order delivery, as I do just about every week. But the weirdest thing happened today when I gave them my contact information. The guy on the phone flew completely off the handle and started yelling at me. Literal yelling. Who yells?

The gist of what he was saying was “I already told you people we don’t deliver out there! I am the general manager and I get to make these decisions!” It went on and on and on. He really kept flexing on that GM status.

I tried to explain that he must have had me confused with someone else, as this was the first I was hearing of this. I tried to figure out where the miscommunication was coming from but it was impossible to get a word in. This dude was HEATED. He clearly had some misplaced anger to work through but my god, I have never been treated with such hostility by a perfect stranger. And for no real reason.

If I’m outside of your delivery range just say so and I’ll get takeout. No need to verbally assault a customer. I certainly won’t be back now and I would advise the owners to hire someone with a bit of emotional stability to manage their business. The cheek, the nerve, the gall, the audacity and the gumption.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (63)

Reviewed 15 November 2020

Almost all the tables had dirty plates on them. We found a table that was less filthy than the others and cleared it ourselves. It was late and we didn't want to keep looking for food. We ordered and when the food arrived, it looked like it had already been eaten and regurgitated. This was so unbelievable, we just got up and left, our food untouched. This place needs to be shut down by the board of health. Too bad, it used to be good - clean, with good food and good service. No more- avoid at all costs!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 24 July 2020 via mobile

Absolutely positively the most horrible Chinese food I have ever had. The roast pork fried rice had no flavor, the bbq ribs were undercooked and the flavor was not typical of what ribs should taste like. The egg rolls were bland and according to my wife the wonton soup tasted nasty. Our friend had purchased food from them a totally agreed with us of our review. This order was a takeout delivery and took over 1 1/2 hrs to receive our food. We have eaten Chinese food from other places that are 10 times better then then oriental pavilion. I will definitely not purchase food from them again.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 22 July 2020 via mobile

Stay far away from this place! The Restaraunt was 10 minutes away and it took over an hour to deliver my food. ( the driver was really nice by the way). After the driver left, I opened my bag and part of my order was missing. The rest of my family got their meals, but the main part of mine was missing. I called the place and they said they would send it out as soon as they could, but could be an hour or so. I told them it was my dinner and they were already an hour getting my delivery to me. The manager said she would refund that part of my order. I told her I didn’t want a refund, I wanted my meal delivered. She still insisted that they were busy and it would take up to an hour. I told her to refund it, and I would just eat the rest of what I ordered. I opened my boneless ribs and they were burnt, dried out like shoe leather and nasty. I called them back and told them to come get the rest of this order and refund my money. The manager started splitting hairs with me on what she would refund and what she couldn’t. Then the owner got on the phone with me and said the fried rice that was missing, was already on the way out. I told her that I already stated 15 minutes ago, that I didn’t want the rice now, and told her that I want them to come get my boneless ribs too. She said the driver was already on his way. When the driver got there, I showed him the ribs and he got on the phone with the owner and told her they were burnt and looked bad. The owner didn’t want to take any ownership of the bad delivery experience or the poor food quality. She argued with me until it was clear that I was going to drive to the place and discuss it with her in person. The rest of. Y family opened their food and found the same quality of food. Burnt, tasteless and a complete waste of money and time. Because of the late time of night ( almost 9 pm), when this finally got squared away, My family and I ended up eating almond cookies for dinner. The food stinks, the management is terrible, the delivery service is inaccurate and the owner is greedy to keep your money once she has it. If I were not accepting of her trying to brush me under the rug, she would have kept my money and taken advantage of me. She picked the wrong person to try and screw out of 40 bucks! Steer clear of this place at all cost!!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 26 April 2020 via mobile

I placed an order online and the restaurant's website order stated ready in 25 minutes and showed a pickup time. Upon pulling into the parking lot at the stated time, I received a phone call from the restaurant manager telling me my order will be ready in 45 minutes. I went in and talked to the manager, emphasizing the pickup time specified by their online system. The manager did not care. All I was asked "do you want the order?". No concern or caring on the manager's part. This is the second time I have had problems with the restaurant's attitude. So if you want to order from this place, I suggest you think about it, count to 10 and order from some place else.

Date of visit: April 2020