“A+”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a seasonal restaurant in downtown Bayfield, serving fresh fish, gourmet pizza, delicious pasta and Black Angus Beef steaks.
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

New owners last year and you can tell they love it. We were here before the season so not many restaurants were open yet. Copper Trout turned out to be a winner! Loved the Malbec and tloved every dish we tried! Absolutely recommend the Smoked Trout Crostini starter, the Whitefish Chowder and the salad with the apple vinaigrette Unpretentious, great food and really nice people!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

A wonderful place for whatever you enjoy eating. Nice cozy interior and friendly
staff. Seating is fast and food is very good. Pizza was wonderful.

1  Thank wesscott
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

My friends and I got take-out from Ethel’s. They had Mac and cheese and onion rings and I had mushroom bruschetta and whitefish chowder. Everything was delicious. We have eaten in the restaurant during previous visits and the food is consistently good. I understand there are new owners but the quality is just as good if not better.

1  Thank Yooperfan
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Intrigued by the Smoked Fish Starter, we ordered and devoured the rich treat. For dinner, we tried the baked spaghetti (delicious), and lobster ravioli (disappointment). The lobster seemed fake and was served in small portions - definitely over-priced. Afterwards, we spent the next day recovering from some sort of illness. Tough to say if dinner was the culprit.

1  Thank 100YearPlan
Alexander E, General Manager at The Copper Trout, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

I apologize for being late to respond! This off-season we have made a lot of changes, one of which was ditching the lobster ravioli. You are right and I wont serve something I don't love. We have changed the menu, and our name this year. So next summer come give us another shot at.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is a very nice, family restaurant. Loved the Smoked Trout Appetizer!! Had the whitefish dinner was very tasty. Very good wine and beer selections as well. It is a nice restaurant but you can dress in nice shorts for dinner. Google listed the restaurant as closed on Sunday but it is open. I recommend.

Been to The Copper Trout? Share your experiences!