3,322 results
All reviews hotel monaco wine hour union square living room geary street tenderloin wine reception complimentary wine mini bar junior suite homeless people few blocks each evening free coffee location is great valet parking rooms are small
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great time at the Marker. Benji at the bell stand is "the man." He looked after me and my dog like we family. Dinner suggestions, taking care of my luggage, hailing cabs, he did it all. Plus he loved my little dog Zoe.
The room was great as well. Everything fresh and neat. The entire staff was great as well. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Clayton B, Front Office Manager at The Marker San Francisco, A Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Jim H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Marker. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your time spent with us and that Benji took such good care of you throughout your stay! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to him and the rest of the team. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly the next time you plan a trip to San Francisco, we would love to welcome you and Zoe back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

My daughter and I stayed at The Marker for 5 nights and we had a great time. The location is very accessible to Union Square and to almost everything. The entire staff were awesome. Philip was able to check as in early, Benjie was very accommodating and the staff that checked us out was very helpful and she gave us directions on how to get to Pier 33, the easy way, I didn't get her name though. I highly recommend The Marker.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Clayton B, Front Office Manager at The Marker San Francisco, A Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Angie C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Marker! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that Philip and Benjie were so helpful throughout your stay! I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them and the rest of the team. Please reach out to us the next time you find yourself in San Francisco, we would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We had a great stay at the Marker - location, appointment of rooms, service and everything else were all excellent. However on checking out, we were informed that all guests pay an expensive "amenities fee" of $27 per day to cover a "free pizza and wine" happy hour we didn't attend and a number of other facilities we didn't use. This was not flagged when we booked, or when we checked in, and we were given no opportunity to opt out. This seemed very deceptive and left a bad taste in our mouths after an otherwise great stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Clayton B, Front Office Manager at The Marker San Francisco, A Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear austourist2017,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time spent with us but disappointed to know that the hotel amenity fee was not clearly disclosed to you. I would love to hear more about your experience and welcome a conversation to discuss the matter personally. Feel free to reach out to me directly at 415-292-0100 or by email at cbishop@jdvhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Great welcome and a good location for exploring San Francisco. Reception staff very welcoming and helpful at all times. Room was clean and the shower was great. Be advised that the water in the room is not free though. Overall good hotel.

Dear markwP420TI,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff was so welcoming and helpful throughout your stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us the next time you find yourself in the city, we would love to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Need train more about customer services!!!bell boy never help u to take luggage when u check in or check out althrough they look at me taking 3 big luggage!!!!and they don't event ask for helps!!!the worst hotel i stay ever before

Dear yeowtatl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and can assure you this is not our hotel standard. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve guest satisfaction and pushes us to reach our service goals. I would love to hear more about your stay and welcome a conversation to discuss the matter personally. I can be reached by phone at 415-292-0100 or by email at cbishop@jdvhotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.