“Nice hotel, horrible bed.”
Review of Hotel Abri

Hotel Abri
Ranked #51 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 28, 2017

The bed sank in, very uncomfortable. The air heating/cooling system is in the window and I felt it was a fire hazard because the drapes/curtains completely covered the unit. Also, the heater portion smelt like smoke.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Beth C, Front Office Manager at Hotel Abri, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello JDOD2017, I am sorry to hear about your experience while a guest of our hotel. Please know that I shared your co9mment with our Executive Housekeeper and Engineering Manager so they can look into this to make sure that future guests will not have the same experience. We appreciate your comment and hoped that you will give us another chance in the near future. Should you decide to stay with us again, please call us directly so we can offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our urban suite (based on availability). Thank you for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,859)

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Lobby was decorated with a fun and funky vibe. Kids loved the gumball machine! Nice to have complimentary tea and coffee in the mornings but would be a nice touch to have it available in the evening as well as have a hot chocolate offering for kids. Looked forward to getting the welcome bag of wine and goodies but was surprised to see the wine was an Australian product and not one from California! Rooms were small but organized well. Staff was fairly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2017

This was my first time visiting San Francisco and found this location to be very convenient to stay at. I was here for both work and play, and chose this location because it was near to the venue the conference I was attending. It’s less than a block away from the Powell/Hyde cable car line for easy access down to the wharf. If you’re up for more of an adventure/workout, it’s definitelu walkable to the wharf too. I prefer to see a city via walking or biking, just be aware of the huge hills you’ll have to go up!

I was concerned about it’s location/proximity to the Tenderloin area that people are generally told to avoid, but it truly was not an issue or concern for me. Ask the front desk attendant to outline on a map or describe the area to avoid and you will be just fine. (Basically, when taking a left out the building, don’t wander further than one block.) I was alone walking/biking and always felt safe, comfortable.

Hotel Abri is also very close to a lot of great restaurants (go up Mason to Bush and try Tacorea! SO good!) and also nearby Union Square/shopping. Very walkable or bikable distance from the Ferry Building too.

The staff was very welcoming, helpful and friendly. They were accommodating to my early arrival and went the extra step as to not even charge me for an early check in. My room was pristine clean upon arrival and each day after housekeeping. The room was very small, but I don’t spend much time in my hotel when I travel.

I’ve seen complaints about noise and paper thin walls on here, while I didn’t personally experience any issues related to that, they did give me the option of staying in an “interior” vs “exterior” room, and I chose interior. And every hotel has paper thin walls from my experience. It’s an old building, but it’s well kept, updated and clean. I found it rather charming.

Props to the staff at Hotel Abri for a great experience while I stayed. I’d recommend to anyone staying in San Francisco; first time or not it’s a great location and value.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank angienorvitch
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Super friendly staff that goes out of the way to make your stay as perfect as can be! We were showered with lots of pleasantries...flowered headbands to celebrate the Summer of Love anniversary, a backpack filled with goodies, daily infused water, morning coffee, ghiardelli chocolate, and a cozy lobby fireplace to name a few! The bathroom is equipped with locally produced rosemary mint shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, and lotion that was divine, so invigorating! The location of Hotel Abri couldn’t have been more convenient and the rooms were pleasant! Depending on the location of your room, you may be disturbed by street noise...but it’s the city as you might expect it! They have great communication and provided a city guide that was very helpful as we planned our stay! Overall, it is a delightful little gem in the heart of the city!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkaye
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Ultra convenient location to all things downtown. Personal service and assistance was exceptional.
Everyone made us feel so comfortable like chatting with new friends who happened to be a well informed locals. Stylish setting as expected for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends