US$506
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$242
  • Restaurant
The Kensington Park Hotel(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
US$239
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)
US$279
US$269
Marriott Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$260
  • Room Service
Grand Hyatt San Francisco(San Francisco)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$303
US$249
  • Restaurant
Hotel Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$211
US$199
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$252
1,995 results
All reviewswelcome bagurban suitegift bagpuccini pinettiunion squaregreat locationellis streetcable carinterior roomaround the cornerstreet noisestreet sidebart stationan older buildingquiet roomfront desk staffrooms are small
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Lobby was decorated with a fun and funky vibe. Kids loved the gumball machine! Nice to have complimentary tea and coffee in the mornings but would be a nice touch to have it available in the evening as well as have a hot chocolate offering for kids. Looked forward to getting the welcome bag of wine and goodies but was surprised to see the wine was an Australian product and not one from California! Rooms were small but organized well. Staff was fairly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2017

This was my first time visiting San Francisco and found this location to be very convenient to stay at. I was here for both work and play, and chose this location because it was near to the venue the conference I was attending. It’s less than a block away from the Powell/Hyde cable car line for easy access down to the wharf. If you’re up for more of an adventure/workout, it’s definitelu walkable to the wharf too. I prefer to see a city via walking or biking, just be aware of the huge hills you’ll have to go up!

I was concerned about it’s location/proximity to the Tenderloin area that people are generally told to avoid, but it truly was not an issue or concern for me. Ask the front desk attendant to outline on a map or describe the area to avoid and you will be just fine. (Basically, when taking a left out the building, don’t wander further than one block.) I was alone walking/biking and always felt safe, comfortable.

Hotel Abri is also very close to a lot of great restaurants (go up Mason to Bush and try Tacorea! SO good!) and also nearby Union Square/shopping. Very walkable or bikable distance from the Ferry Building too.

The staff was very welcoming, helpful and friendly. They were accommodating to my early arrival and went the extra step as to not even charge me for an early check in. My room was pristine clean upon arrival and each day after housekeeping. The room was very small, but I don’t spend much time in my hotel when I travel.

I’ve seen complaints about noise and paper thin walls on here, while I didn’t personally experience any issues related to that, they did give me the option of staying in an “interior” vs “exterior” room, and I chose interior. And every hotel has paper thin walls from my experience. It’s an old building, but it’s well kept, updated and clean. I found it rather charming.

Props to the staff at Hotel Abri for a great experience while I stayed. I’d recommend to anyone staying in San Francisco; first time or not it’s a great location and value.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank angienorvitch
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Super friendly staff that goes out of the way to make your stay as perfect as can be! We were showered with lots of pleasantries...flowered headbands to celebrate the Summer of Love anniversary, a backpack filled with goodies, daily infused water, morning coffee, ghiardelli chocolate, and a cozy lobby fireplace to name a few! The bathroom is equipped with locally produced rosemary mint shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, and lotion that was divine, so invigorating! The location of Hotel Abri couldn’t have been more convenient and the rooms were pleasant! Depending on the location of your room, you may be disturbed by street noise...but it’s the city as you might expect it! They have great communication and provided a city guide that was very helpful as we planned our stay! Overall, it is a delightful little gem in the heart of the city!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mkaye
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Ultra convenient location to all things downtown. Personal service and assistance was exceptional.
Everyone made us feel so comfortable like chatting with new friends who happened to be a well informed locals. Stylish setting as expected for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stayed at Hotel Abri October 9-12. Room was not as pictured on website, worn couch in living room, old noisy a/c, creeky floors. No problems during stay, however, after checking out and returning to Canada I saw 3 charges on my Visa card. Tried to email hotel but the only email on their website is for reservations, sent one anyway but got no response, Forced to call from Canada, spoke to a gentleman in accounting and left my email and details of the 3 charges, Received a reply from the front desk manager, Kimberly Long, who said the charges were for a missing wine bottle opener and an open bottle of water. I replied immediately to confirm that we neither saw a wine bottle opener or even used one. We had received a complementary bottle of wine upon check in which was a screw top. No other wine was consumed by us, only the bottle they gave us with a screw top. I also confirmed that we had not touched either bottle of water. That was 2 days ago, I have had no response, I have sent 2 emails since then, again with no response. Not only have they put charges on my Visa which are fraudulent, Kimberly Long has not seen it fit to reply to my emails regarding these charges which I have requested be refunded as they are completely incorrect. I will now be contacting Visa to dispute these charges. Beware of staying at this hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Beth C, Front Office Manager at Hotel Abri, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Jane, please accept my sincerest apology for the charges errors on your credit card. Please know that we credited your account for the wine opener for $10.85 and the bottled water for $4.34. However, the $45 charged was for the 3rd person that was added during your stay and I believe that the receipt was presented to you upon check-out. Please let us know if there's anything else that I can help you with. Again, I am sorry about these errors. Thank you.