2,089 results
All reviews welcome bag urban suite gift bag puccini pinetti union square great location ellis street cable car interior room around the corner street noise street side bart station an older building quiet room rooms are small front desk staff
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Ultra convenient location to all things downtown. Personal service and assistance was exceptional.
Everyone made us feel so comfortable like chatting with new friends who happened to be a well informed locals. Stylish setting as expected for a boutique hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We stayed at Hotel Abri October 9-12. Room was not as pictured on website, worn couch in living room, old noisy a/c, creeky floors. No problems during stay, however, after checking out and returning to Canada I saw 3 charges on my Visa card. Tried to email hotel but the only email on their website is for reservations, sent one anyway but got no response, Forced to call from Canada, spoke to a gentleman in accounting and left my email and details of the 3 charges, Received a reply from the front desk manager, Kimberly Long, who said the charges were for a missing wine bottle opener and an open bottle of water. I replied immediately to confirm that we neither saw a wine bottle opener or even used one. We had received a complementary bottle of wine upon check in which was a screw top. No other wine was consumed by us, only the bottle they gave us with a screw top. I also confirmed that we had not touched either bottle of water. That was 2 days ago, I have had no response, I have sent 2 emails since then, again with no response. Not only have they put charges on my Visa which are fraudulent, Kimberly Long has not seen it fit to reply to my emails regarding these charges which I have requested be refunded as they are completely incorrect. I will now be contacting Visa to dispute these charges. Beware of staying at this hotel!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Beth C, Front Office Manager at Hotel Abri, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Jane, please accept my sincerest apology for the charges errors on your credit card. Please know that we credited your account for the wine opener for $10.85 and the bottled water for $4.34. However, the $45 charged was for the 3rd person that was added during your stay and I believe that the receipt was presented to you upon check-out. Please let us know if there's anything else that I can help you with. Again, I am sorry about these errors. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The front desk and bell man were top class for all our needs. Great location with great service makes it a place to choose for any traveler. This time of year is Indian Summer and it’s worth the walk about

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Beth C, Front Office Manager at Hotel Abri, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Thank you for giving us a 4 star rating Justin. We are pleased to know that we met your service expectations. Please come and see us again. Stay vibrant!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed here for a conference at the Moscone Center. Staff was all very nice and accommodating. We got a welcome bag when we checked in that had a bottle of wine and some snacks, which was a great experience. The room was a bit small but for the price and the location this hotel is hard to beat.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel. We had a good first impression about this boutique hotel due to its great customer service and contemporary design in the lobby area. Hotel itself is surrounded by many shops and restaurants and is 1 block away from union square. The room is small, but adequate. However They seem to have thin paper wall and very poor sound proofing system, which means you can hear everything from internal and external of the building. Hotel is located right across the street from infusion lounge night club; which during Friday and Saturday night will be very noisy up to 3am, and often followed by loud alarms from parked cars, which may be accidentally triggered by passerby.

While the location is central to everything, we will be reluctant to return to this hotel after losing 2 nights' sleep due to the noise issue.

Trip type: Traveled with family