2,088 results
All reviews welcome bag urban suite gift bag puccini pinetti union square great location ellis street cable car interior room around the corner street noise street side bart station an older building quiet room rooms are small front desk staff
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel. We had a good first impression about this boutique hotel due to its great customer service and contemporary design in the lobby area. Hotel itself is surrounded by many shops and restaurants and is 1 block away from union square. The room is small, but adequate. However They seem to have thin paper wall and very poor sound proofing system, which means you can hear everything from internal and external of the building. Hotel is located right across the street from infusion lounge night club; which during Friday and Saturday night will be very noisy up to 3am, and often followed by loud alarms from parked cars, which may be accidentally triggered by passerby.

While the location is central to everything, we will be reluctant to return to this hotel after losing 2 nights' sleep due to the noise issue.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a central location but borders on a very sketchy area. Great customer service. Contemporary decor. Paper thin walls and high noise from adjoining hallways and rooms. Small rooms and bathroom. No shelf or counter space in washroom.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Hotel AbRi was a delightful gem of a place to stay. The location is central to everything--you couldn't ask for a better spot. The room I had was spacious and quiet and the bed was heavenly--firm but luxurious. I ordered room service twice and the food was incredible. I'm going to stay here again just for the restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Was on the way to Napa when the fires happened so I was forced to scramble and find a place in San Fran. Hotel is centrally located, quiet, pricey, not on the level of some of the bigger chains. AC is a window unit, room had a peculiar odor, cleaning staff does ok job. Don't think I will ever come back unless I'm forced to stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My wife and I spent four nights at this hotel.
Firstly, they really take their environment seriously, low-flow faucets and all. They actually have a cash-back program that encourages customers to only have their room cleaned every two or three days.
Secondly, the hotel is located within walking distance to pretty much everything, which is very convenient, since parking would cost $60 per night, if you have a car.
But then again, San Francisco is the most expensive city in the USA, so get used to high prices everywhere.
Thirdly, the room was a little small for two people and luggage, but we made do. There is a safe in the room, large enough for passports, wallets and laptops.
On the downside, the hotel is in desperate need of soundproofing, inside and out. Yes, the first thing we were asked at the reception was if we wanted a quiet room, or one facing the street. We wanted to see the street and both my wife and I love the sound of the city, but this time it was like every single person leaving the Infusion Lounge across the street at 2AM stopped by in our room to say good night. Then came the garbage truck at 3:30AM. And finally, the delivery trucks for the shops downstairs, anytime after 4AM. It gets better: indoors, we could hear through the bathroom door and through the room's walls, so you never feel alone and abandoned in this hotel :-)
All in all, considering the price of a room at other hotels in SF, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't pick a street view room, if you want to get any sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple