All reviews yogurt microwave and fridge few blocks clean rooms fisherman's wharf coffee maker easy access soma tv trader noise city ucsf uber toiletries
Reviewed 4 November 2016

Clean, comfortable, located in SOMA. Safe and free guest parking. Reasonable prices. Good complementary breakfast. Helpful gentleman at the front desk. Within walking distance of some interesting dining.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2016

The hotel is very old. I thought at first, it started out as something else, but then, "it is San Francisco". I didn't choose the hotel. A friend there for a conference did because it was in their budget. At first, I was a little put off, but quickly got over it. We stayed one week. At over 160 a night, that seemed steep to me, but, "It is San Francisco". We quickly found out that a very famous drag club was right next door, as in, attached to the building. I was worried about noise, but it was never a problem. I did get to see some of the night life, and it was quite entertaining. (in a good way, totally) There is everything (and I mean everything) you need within walking distance. I quickly ran to Trader Joes and picked up breakfast things to stock in my fridge. I do not do pastry for breakfast, or cereal, and that is what you get for their included breakfast. The only protein is yogurt, which I don't do either. Having the fridge was great. It was basically a place to shower and sleep. The staff is what makes this place worth staying at (unless it's only because it's cheap "for San Francisco") There are many good places close by to eat. A few blocks away on Harrison around the I-15 entrance, near Best Buy, there is a food truck park, with a big screen TV in a sitting area that had some big baseball game going, with all the food trucks surrounding you. I had some of the BEST pizza ever from one of those trucks. A wood fired oven pizza. (still wishing I had some of that) Lots of other choices as well, all what I would call "cheap eats", but with SanFran quality. Lot's of folks come, order and sit with their family to eat, some bring their dogs, really nice outdoor atmosphere. Then, there is Rocco's Italian in the opposite direction on Folsom. Incredible everything. Of course, more pricy but totally worth it. Nothing disappoints and we went twice. From steamed clams in white wine to the blackberry pie a la mode, just incredible. Lots of locals there at lunch and dinner, which says something. The hotel is an older hotel, no elevator, and had to walk up 2 flights of stairs with the luggage, but no big deal. My AC worked great (I'm prob the only person using AC in San Francisco in October, but when we arrived, they were having a weird heat wave) Parking is free, (1st come, 1st served) we used Uber or a taxi most of the time if we didn't walk and they were always there in minutes. We did walk from fishermans wharf back to the hotel one day. It wasn't easy but we did it, and we walked many other places. Don't let the area scare you. San Francisco is really one of the safest cites anywhere. Yes, there are a lot of homeless, but I think they actually come there because the city services are so darn good. If you are looking for a less expensive place, but still located well within everything you could possibly need, this is it. And again, the staff, all the way from the front desk to housekeeping are just some of the nicest people I've ever met. Without that, I would not rate the hotel as high as I did. Its older, no room service, but they do have a delivery service that will bring you just about anything you want at any time of the day or night. Probably better than room service, less expensive and better food. Overall, I'd stay again, cool location, great staff, and for San Francisco, a bargain. The staff overall speak about 6 different languages. It came in quite handy.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank leigh c
Reviewed 2 November 2016

During Photonics West time hotel price goes up in San Francisco. For those who visit P/W and do not want to spend too much on hotel stay, San Francisco Inn will be a good choice.
It locates on 9th Street; 1.1 miles away from the Convention Center, 20 minutes walk, along the Howard St. and parking free.
Small size room; but clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Stenley S
Reviewed 1 November 2016

The room size was decent. There is no lift so please ensure you can carry your luggage up to two stairs. The room allotted to us was good (road facing). Not much noise though. Good view. Parking is decent and complimentary (not usual in this part of town). The receptionist was kind and helped us with the Map and directions. Breakfast was with limited options and we expected it to be that ways. Wifi, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, AC - all worked just fine. would recommend this place.

Room tip: No lifts. Rooms facing the road seem to be spacious.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Rahul T
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly man who checked us into our room. We asked him about restaurants near by and he directed us up the street towards Market. He warned us about possible run ins with the homeless and drunk people. The room was clean, facility was clean and everyone we ran into was friendly. Location is good but would have rated this a higher score but the bed wasn't the greatest and the walls were a little too thin. Price was a little high for the room but it's the city so it's expensive anyway. Would stay here again if we needed to due to the friendly staff and free parking.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple